• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Jane Austen: Pride And Prejudice

I can see I have a LOT of catching up to do in my reading!
Land sakes! What will the younger set think of next? :lol:

Pride and prejudice and zombies(and lot's of exceedingly !)Jane Austen/Seth Graham smith:star3:

Not exceedingly good because not exceedingly enought Zombies in the segond part.And a bit Tiresome(forgot this one) after a while.
It would be an exceedingly good idea to give this to student of find classic literature exceedingly tiresome.
It spice the exceedingly long and tiresome love story with Kun fu fight and zombie beheading.
An alternative name could have been Crouching pride, Hidden prejudice, it is much more about kun fu and ninjas then zombies.Damn it.

I'm waiting for Swann,s the werewolf way coming next.exceedingly of course.

Austen is my school time favorite. Though she features in the list of classical authors, I think her characters have lost some relevance in these modern times....

My daughters reading it as part of her course work towards her Gcse for next yr!

I think its to heavy for a 14 yr to take in!

And shes not enjoying it at all!

I think giving books like this to young kids will put them off reading all together!
And thats a shame!

I completely agree, I was given that book to read at around that age and I didnt appreciate it at all. I don't think I finished it either. But now seeing that there are so many people who like the book and is considered one of their favorites I am considering giving the book a second try. I also read To Kill a Mockingbird when I was around that age but I managed to like that book more because we ended up acting out all the scenes in the classroom which was fun.

I completely agree, I was given that book to read at around that age and I didnt appreciate it at all. I don't think I finished it either. But now seeing that there are so many people who like the book and is considered one of their favorites I am considering giving the book a second try. I also read To Kill a Mockingbird when I was around that age but I managed to like that book more because we ended up acting out all the scenes in the classroom which was fun.

I actually find that as an adult I am surprised at the books we were to read as children. I didn't appreciate them as much because I did not understand it. There are life experiences we go through that add to the meanings of books like this (in my opinion at least). I love these books now more than I did as a child. I was an avid reader as a child, but I would get lost in some of the language and also miss some of the meaning back then. Now I love the "classics" :)

Back