• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Jane Urquhart: Away

KHartmann

hi, i recently finished the Novel Away, by Jane Urquhart. I have to do a little presentation on the characters of Father Quinn and Exodus Crow and i was just wondering if anyone one would like to discuss their views on the characters and their roles in this novel as i find this a very helpful way to get my brain in motion and to start analyzing the characters

discussion of characters in Away by Jane Urquhart

I was just making this thread becuase its actually impossible to find any information analyzing this novel and having people to discuss the characters with helps a lot more than being stuck in a rut thinking about it alone.

The last person who posted in here asking for help asked 12th March 2006, 02:11 AM. You think this will work?

Watch someone will come and help you just to make me look like an ass. So I'm doing you a favour here.

The last person who posted in here asking for help asked 12th March 2006, 02:11 AM. You think this will work?

Watch someone will come and help you just to make me look like an ass. So I'm doing you a favour here.

While making you look like a donkey's rear might be entertaining, I have to plead off on account of a headache..but I do wonder how we all managed to pass high school English without the net:rolleyes: All we had were the assigned books and a hurried rush to the only major bookstore in town at the time, to grab the last Cliff Notes for the book in question...that's for those of us fortunate to live in cities that had a bookstore. I can't imagine how small town kids managed at all. You don't suppose they actually read the assigned book, do you?:p

And you want all of your homework done for you?

Tell you what - paypal me $50USD and I'll write your essay for ya.

no i actually wanted a person to discuss it with, i have my presentation done, but i want to know if other people thought different things about the characters than i did. i also dont appreciate you stereotyping me as a dumb kid that cant do his own work. i'm fully capable, its just that i enjoyed the novel and havent been able to find anyone elses views on it.

Fair enough, have you searched these forums? Chances are if it isn't mentioned you're not going to find many here who have read it. I haven't seen any discussion on that book which in itself doesn't mean a whole lot. I usually do notice when a Canadian author is mentioned though.

My point in berating you is that this isn't an answer service. If that was not your intention you failed in making your intentions properly known.

Good luck.

i didnt think it should be such a hassle to answer my question in the first place regardless of the interpretted intent of it. i figured a forum titled
looking for help with a book would be a reasonable place to post.

Fair enough, have you searched these forums? Chances are if it isn't mentioned you're not going to find many here who have read it. I haven't seen any discussion on that book which in itself doesn't mean a whole lot. I usually do notice when a Canadian author is mentioned though.

My point in berating you is that this isn't an answer service. If that was not your intention you failed in making your intentions properly known.

Good luck.

I thought the author's name was slightly familiar and did a rudimentary search here and found several threads where her name was mentioned. But no one has discussed the book or Jane Urquhart in any sort of depth. My advice would be to start such a thread and see what happens.

well then i guess that ions failed to make his intentions properly known. i was merely looking for someone else to discuss the novel with, if there aren't any willing then thats fine.

i didnt think it should be such a hassle to answer my question in the first place regardless of the interpretted intent of it.

See, here's wher you failed. This isn't an answering service.

My intentions are completely clear. We're not here to offer crutches for lazy students.

Starting a discussion thread about a book in a thread dedicated to helping students research books is not the best place to start a book discussion if all you're after is discussion.

my original question was not for people to do my work for me, it was asking for someone to discuss the novel with.

but yes i see your point that this isnt a discussion thread and probably was the wrong place to post. I did make my own thread but it seems no one shares my interest in this novel.

my original question was not for people to do my work for me, it was asking for someone to discuss the novel with.

but yes i see your point that this isnt a discussion thread and probably was the wrong place to post. I did make my own thread but it seems no one shares my interest in this novel.

Where? I refreshed my New Posts page several times and did a search just to check, and I didn't see your thread...

There was one. I think it was deleted because it came across as a cry for homework help.

KHartmann, it's not that people don't want to talk to you about this book but perhaps they haven't read it and have nothing to say about it.

i think it was moved and put as post #12 on this thread? not sure how that happened

I wasn't doubting you..I just couldn't find it! Ions is correct that perhaps no one here has read your book. Try creating a thread in the Fiction area and see what happens. There are a number of members who may be more familiar with the book, and perhaps they'll see it tonight or in the morning. A large number of folks have gone to bed!

Back