• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Janet Evanovich

ohgolly

Janet Evanovich: The Stephanie Plum Series

:) Just wanna know some other peoples opinion on these books. I personally love them and can't wait until number 10 is available.

Does Evanovich write cozies or more violent material? I prefer cozies, only because I can read them before bed without fear of nightmares :)

Does anyone else have that problem? I seem to only have it with mysteries that are set in the current day.

I'd say the violence in Janet's books is very mild. Cozy is probably the right word. It wears a little thin to the (current) end of the series but in general it makes for an entertaining read...

Jan

Love them, type of books you sit and read.. then lose track of time..
can not wait for the next one!

Pre-Plum Evanovich

Some of Janet's early books are being updated and re-released.

They include:
'Rocky Road to Romance'
'Metro Girl'
'Love Overboard' (early 05)
(6 others coming out next year)

They are a riot!

J.K.

Stephanie Plum Mystery Novels - Janet Evanovich

I read all 10 of them last year. I fear they degraded my morals and integrity. I feel embarrassed admitting this. I want more. Does anyone know of a series like it :D

I would also suggest Sara Paretsky, she's a little grittier and Carolyn G Hart (start with Death on Demand).

Evanovitch also has another series that's even more degrading (if you can imagine!) that she wrote under a pseudonym - I believe it's being re-released now that she's a big star :)

I just got back from Barns and Noble with 4 new books.

1. 'A' is for Alibi - Sue Grafton
2. Full Speed - Evanovich and Hughes
3. Full Blast - Evanovich and Hughes
4. Full House - Evanovich and Hughes

I've got all day and a nice hot bath waiting. I'm scard I'm done I'm going to be amoral :eek:

I don't think there is an 11th book. Maybe you got a book in a different series from her. There is nothing special about them, though for some reason, I enjoy them. It's awful :( ! I'm a 22-year-old male reading about Stephanie Plum's sexual encounters. Excuse me, I have go to buy a power tool now.

Ahhh, now I see why you don't "get" Stephanie Plum. It's a chick thing, like not shaving your legs before a date to make sure things don't go too far. ;) Although , if you think about it, you have a fantastic "power tool", a little more insight into the female psyche than the usual fella.

yeah, could be that i have a different row from her, I wil look for it, when i go home!
Are you feel connected to her or do you just like her books??
if you feel connected, the only thing i can say is THANK YOU!!!
I can recover my trust in men!!
THANK YOU!!! =)

This thread is getting a little too weird for me. :D I sort of hope I didn’t connect with her too much. Though, I admit, I read a bunch of Elizabeth Burg (seemly girly books) novels:

Ordinary Life: Stories
Open House: a Novel
Joy School

and really only kept reading them because of the way the characters thought. It seems like I read more than this from here, but it’s all I can find. I found them very enlightening from a male prospective, particularly Joy School for the mind of a female child. Weird stuff. :D

Halcyon said:
Though, I admit, I read a bunch of Elizabeth Burg (seemly girly books) novels:

Open House: a Novel
Joy School

hey, can you give me a discription of it?? :)
bye

honeydevil said:
hey, can you give me a discription of it?? :)
bye

I can tell you what I remember; I read them awhile ago.

A bunch of, as I recall, mostly sad stories. I remember a part in this book, no idea what story, where a young (maybe they were old... it doesn’t matter) couple (I think she was cheating on her husband and in the field with this guy - how's this for stream of consciousness). Anyway, what I remember is this couple talking about the misconceptions they had when they were kids. Stuff they used to believe that was utter nonsense. I loved that. I asked my family when I went home about what misconceptions they had as little kids. It was a wonderful conversation starter.

Actually, probably out of all of her books, I remember Never Change best.

It was another depressing novel if I remember right. The thing that struck me about this character was that … spoiler.... she (a very competent, if not slightly depressed person) was contemplating killing herself because one of her close patients (and more) was committing suicide before he lost cognitive reasoning from his brain tumor.

Joy School
This one I enjoyed the most. A little girl gets infatuated with a bell boy at a gas station. The best part was when her ‘wise, sage-like’ 15 year old girlfriend gave advice about love, romance, and etcetera to her -a 13 year old girl who took the advice as utter earth-shattering truths

Me (also being male), I also enjoy the Stef Plum novels 8even though the latter ones are getting more and more overblown while the first in the series where - while funny - still kind of down to eart-ish.

There's 10 regular Books of the series out there and the 11th is last year's Xmas publication "Visions of Sugar Plums".

Jan

that's cool that somebody, you, was not as lazy as me, and looked this stuff up or just remembered!!
thanks
have a nice day

Back