• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Jeff Lindsay: Dexter By Design

Lincoln Rhyme

I liked this book. Those of you who hated the third novel will be glad to know we have our old Dexter back. It has some suspense,and of course good narration from Dexter. The killer also hunts Dexter and play the game of "Cat&Mouse" with him. You also get to see Dexter train his little monsters(those who have read earlier in the series know what I'm talking about). Overall, I give 3 stars out of 5.

It was alright. Took me forever to read cause i kept getting bored by it. I did love early in the book when they went to the art exhibit :D Other than that i thought it was lacking.

Finished.
So, that laugh-out-loud moment was just at the beginning. And agreed, not as good as Dearly Devoted.
Dex had some easy outs. Things seemed slow in the beginning & middle and rushed in the end.
I didn't like it when Dex & Kyle went to Cuba. Seemed kinda pointless.

My bf's mother told me how in the later Harry Potter novels, JK Rowling's descriptions of her characters began to resemble the movies' actors. I thought it was interesting how an author could be influenced by a movie based on their own book.
After reading this, I wondered how or if the show has influenced Lindsay's writing (plotting).

This was better than Dexter in the Dark.

Finished.
So, that laugh-out-loud moment was just at the beginning. And agreed, not as good as Dearly Devoted.
Dex had some easy outs. Things seemed slow in the beginning & middle and rushed in the end.
I didn't like it when Dex & Kyle went to Cuba. Seemed kinda pointless.

My bf's mother told me how in the later Harry Potter novels, JK Rowling's descriptions of her characters began to resemble the movies' actors. I thought it was interesting how an author could be influenced by a movie based on their own book.
After reading this, I wondered how or if the show has influenced Lindsay's writing (plotting).

This was better than Dexter in the Dark.
*Looks at calender* well, you're just in time. Dexter is Delicious hits stores next Tuesday. Getting my copy somewhere within next week( Although my brother gets it first :sad:).

*Looks at calender* well, you're just in time. Dexter is Delicious hits stores next Tuesday. Getting my copy somewhere within next week( Although my brother gets it first :sad:).
Aww. It's ok! As long as you finish it before he does. :p

I pre-ordered mine, so I'm very excited that I'm all caught up.

Back