• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Jeffrey Archer: A Prisoner Of Birth

Darren

This recently topped the UK bestseller list having been released on 6th March.

Synopsis sings its praises - "Jeffrey Archer's most powerful novel since Kane and Abel, with a cast of characters who will remain with you long after you've turned the last page."

Anybody ready it yet?

I finished it last week. Not too bad. A bit of light entertainment.

A few plot holes that seemed a bit implausible, especially the crucial evidence in the final court room scene.

I haven't read it, but I did enjoy Kane and Abel and As The Crow Flies, so I'll probably give it a go. :)

I'm reading it & enjoying it as well.
Idea borrowed from Dumas's classic Count of Monte Cristo, but with a twist.
Must be good....

haven't read it yet, in fact, haven't read archer in many years, but now that your bring him up it will go on the list.

I haven't read any Archer in years, but have read several. But for some reason one of the titles that stands out for me is a book of short stories he wrote, To Cut A Long Story Short .
The last one is one of the best short stories I've read. I can't find my copy at the moment so I can't give the name of it though. Drat. :eek:

Has antone read " A Prisoner of Birth" by Jeffrey Archer?

***SPOILER ALERT***-dont read on if you havent read the book yet...

I have one simple question:

-How in G-D's can Danny Cartwright get away with taking the identity of his prison-mate Nick Moncrief (i think thats his name) without ANYONE in the prison realizing that Danny is really not dead and that he is obviously NOT Nick?

This seems incredibly stupid to me.

What am I missing here?

This recently topped the UK bestseller list having been released on 6th March.

Synopsis sings its praises - "Jeffrey Archer's most powerful novel since Kane and Abel, with a cast of characters who will remain with you long after you've turned the last page."

Anybody ready it yet?

I finished it last week. Not too bad. A bit of light entertainment.

A few plot holes that seemed a bit implausible, especially the crucial evidence in the final court room scene.

Darren-if you finished it last week, can you answer my question?
How does that switch make sense to you??

Back