• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Jeffrey Deaver

What was the one where the girl was being chased because she witnessed something in the library? SHe was living onher own because her mother died and her father was in jail. Ugh that was a bad one!

Sorry guys, but I like his books, I know they aren't what you can call classics, but for my daily bus rides to and from work, they are really good :p

I'm halfway through Death of a Blue Movie Star right now, and I'm finding it a bit slow. I suppose the story just isn't catching me. I did enjoy Manhattan Is My Beat (which preceded it), but I'm just not feeling this one.

Easily the leader in this sub genre. His books have got so many twists and turns they leave you feeling a bit upside down, and you have to keep reading because you simply must know what happens. You can be absolutely convinced you know 'whodunnit' then you turn the page and suddenly you no longer have an idea. Most people have seen the film The Bone Collector, the book, as is usually the case, is far superior, and this isn't even the best title in the Lincoln Rhyme Series.

I have endured one Deaver novel. It ranks in my top three of worst books I have ever encountered. I honestly think less of a person if they tell me they like his books. He is a terrible hack.

please feel free to think less of me for such a reason, i can definately cope with that. and i'll continue to read and thoroughly enjoy deavers writing.

Gohead Jughead, hate me!:D

"The Cold Moon" is his best all time up to now. He's bringing in a new character to be in his next novel and I simply think he is the best series mystery writer ever. He is someone who puts so much effort into his books, they can't help but be good. And I really appreciate a mature writer.

If you don't mind would you tell me the book that you didn't like and maybe I can see your point of view. Everything isn't for everybody.:)

I am fond of Jeffery Deaver's Lincoln Rhyme Series, but to be honest I did not like The Cold Moon for it's more contrived plot. The plot doesn't look plausible to me. Too many twists and turns make the story more "made" than natural. Jeffery Deaver is no doubt one of the best crime writers with profound Forensic Details in his novels. His best novels (according to me) are The Bone Collector, The Vanished Man, The Empty Chair.

I have endured one Deaver novel. It ranks in my top three of worst books I have ever encountered. I honestly think less of a person if they tell me they like his books. He is a terrible hack.

Which book lead you to such a harsh reaction, if you don't mind sharing?

I'm not a big fan of the Lincoln Rhyme series, they're ok but nothing special. I think Deaver's best books are some of the one-offs. Garden of Beasts I think is really excellent, fantastically dark atmosphere and lots of interesting tit-bits about life in Nazi controlled Germany.

I was recommended the Lincoln Rhyme series. Read the first one and thought it was brilliant, got to three or four books into the series and ended up leaving the book half finished, something i rarely do. I just thought it was monotonous and very samey. I will give it a month or so before i try it again. Someone just lent me The skin collector and told me it was excellent so i will try that.

Back