• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Job

Sapper41

Well as some know I moved, so I no longer work at a Jail, but I got a job and started yesterday. I work at Waldenbooks! I get a 33% discount!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Just go buy bookshelves now. On top of the discount, there's always those pesky bargain books, and you end up thinking, if I don't buy this now, I'll never see it again.

It must be worse in a used book store. Fortunately, I never worked in one of those as the dust would be too hard on my allergies.

nick452 said:
To work at a bookstore, heaven on earth :D ooh i envy you.

I worked at a bookstore for 3 years - it's occasionally fun, but it's still retail, and the hours and pay are still awful.

Oh the hours aren't so bad, but I agree the pay is. Congrats though Sapper, I get the same discount at Barnes and Noble, trust me, it hurts your wallet more than it helps. To easy to rationalize buying just one more to yourself. :eek:

Mmmmm books :) Retail sucks a bit, but to be fair it can be pretty OK too. I loved it for the 3 yrs I did it... til I moved to the brewery...

Back