1. Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Jodi Picoult

Discussion in 'Author Discussion' started by SFG75, Sep 26, 2006.

1. SFG75

SFG75 Well-Known Member

Currently Reading:
    The Road to Character; David Brooks
    Went to the library and picked up The Tench Circle on a whim. More of a thing of closing my eyes and choosing than anything else. I'll either like it or think it's some smarmy chick-lit thing. :rolleyes: Time will tell.:)

Any fans of hers?

Official website

Fantastic Fiction section on Picoult

2. Sofia

Sofia New Member

I have only read a couple of her books...but I enjoyed them. Am looking forward to reading more though...let me know how The Tenth Circle turns out!

3. onetwentypm

onetwentypm New Member

Currently Reading:
    World of Pies by Karen Stolz
    I think you might be pleasantly surprised. I wouldn't call her stuff chick-lit, at least not in the normal sense. I've only listened to one of her audiobooks (My Sister's Keeper) and although it was heartwrenching, it was very well-written, in my opinion.

Let us know what you think of The Tenth Circle.

4. Pearl

Pearl New Member

I've only read "My sister's keeper" and it was very upsetting, but in a good way. Since she didn't intend for the story to be 'happy'. I think I almost cried at the end.

5. Sofia

Sofia New Member

Started The Tenth Circle today.....so far so good.....

6. venusunfolding

venusunfolding New Member

Currently Reading:
    The Subtle Knife - Pullman
    I read My Sister's Keeper and loved it. Then I read Plain Truth. it was good, but some of the characters were too similiar to characters in My Sister's Keeper. So I'm not sure if I just picked the wrong Picoult book to read next. I intend to try something else by her at some point.

7. FrodoLIVES

FrodoLIVES New Member

Currently Reading:
    New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
    I've read Second Glace and My Sister's Keeper. Both of which were very good. But Venus, I think you have a point. In both books there were characters that were similar. But if you look at her books as separate, there's not much criticism you can give them.
    :rolleyes: I take that back, I'm sure there's people out there who can't stand her.

8. jaynebosco

jaynebosco New Member

Currently Reading:
    Dreams of my father - Barack Obama
    Has anybody read "The Pact"? I recently bought the book and heard that it was a good read and wondered if it was worth it.

9. mom2kngr

mom2kngr New Member

I have My Sister's Keeper and The Pact but have not read either one yet! Have heard nothing but good things about her books!

10. Pearl

Pearl New Member

Read "My sister's keeper' as soon as you can. I read it, loved it, then it was passed around the office and everyone else loved it too.

11. Georg

Georg kickbox

Currently Reading:
    Teddy's Button
    Just finished "My Sister's Keeper", I liked it alot! Heartbreaking and yes I teared up! Her other books sound too much like this one, has anyone read one from her, with a totally different theme???;)

12. Jinjer

Jinjer New Member

Currently Reading:
    A Caribbean Tale
    I'm a huge fan of hers

I'm currently reading the Tenth Circle as well (pg 136) and I love it so far

I've also read Mercy, My Sister's Keeper and The Pact by her

13. veniqe

veniqe New Member

Currently Reading:
    Die Swerfjare van Poppie Nongena
    If you've read one Picoult, you've read 'em all is what I say.

14. Arabian Gurl

Arabian Gurl New Member

Currently Reading:
    Twilight
    I Read My Sister's Keeper and Vanishing Acts . Her Style is similar. She Mentioned Goddamn Courtrooms In both Of them. As the Person above me Said If you Read One You read'em all. She doesn't Change her way .
    I am not a fan of hers . Both of them are not bad but are alike

15. Rocket

Rocket New Member

I have read most of her books. Out of the ones I have read I adored both The Pact and My Sisters Keeper but as a couple of people have said, I find all her books very much the same which is a shame really. It meant by the 3rd one I read, I got kinda bored with it. Saying all of that, I really love the way she writes.

16. Mrs Pacino

Mrs Pacino kickbox

Currently Reading:
    This forum.
    I have some of her books but haven't enjoyed them. Not my cup of tea really.

17. julie07

julie07 New Member

I've read "The Pact," "The Tenth Circle," "My Sister's Keeper" and just started "Plain Truth." Although I do agree that some characters do mirror each other I tend to start her books far enough apart that it doesn't bother me too much.

I do enjoy her writing though and like how the plots are totally different in each of her novels.

18. AsherNZ

AsherNZ New Member

Currently Reading:
    Eat Pray Love: Elizabeth Gilbert
    I really enjoyed My Sister's Keeper, although I may have been more drawn to it because I'm studying Health Ethics. I'm really looking forward to reading Nineteen Minutes.

19. KJarrell

KJarrell New Member

Currently Reading:
    lolita
    I've only read one book from her "Nineteen Mintues" It was really really good but sense I have not read anything else from her I'm not sure if I can see what you are saying about how she writes simaliar in all her books. "My Sisters keeper" is in my TBR pile but who knows when I'll get to it. I hope this book is just as good as the other that I read.

20. Flying_Changes

Flying_Changes New Member

Jodi Picoult Books

So I finished "My Sister's Keeper" the other day and it was very good, but sad. Well I guess happy sad. The ending was a real shocker...didn't see that coming!

Jodi Picoult has a ton of books...I want to read most of her books if not all of them, but where do I go from here? Is there a particular order?