• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Jodi Picoult

Hi di ho !
No, there isn't a particular order. Her books aren't any kind of series or so.

I read '19 Minutes' on the flight to Germany a few months ago and overall liked it. Not the story itself but the thoughts it provoked. I guess all her books are like this but overall I heard some are liked more than others. You should visit her webpage and get some impressions. She also has some audiofiles where she talks about her books. She's got a nice voice. :)

I have two other books on my pile which I've choosen because I liked the plot and what kind of thoughts they might provoke while reading. I picked 'Salem Falls' because I had something similar happening with a friend of mine and 'The Pact' for other reasons.

I also know 'My Sister's Keeper' and found it really heartbreaking. I have it as an audiobook and the narrator really did a great job in keeping me listening for 13 hours straigth. :)

Hi di ho !
No, there isn't a particular order. Her books aren't any kind of series or so.

I read '19 Minutes' on the flight to Germany a few months ago and overall liked it. Not the story itself but the thoughts it provoked. I guess all her books are like this but overall I heard some are liked more than others. You should visit her webpage and get some impressions. She also has some audiofiles where she talks about her books. She's got a nice voice. :)

I have two other books on my pile which I've choosen because I liked the plot and what kind of thoughts they might provoke while reading. I picked 'Salem Falls' because I had something similar happening with a friend of mine and 'The Pact' for other reasons.

I also know 'My Sister's Keeper' and found it really heartbreaking. I have it as an audiobook and the narrator really did a great job in keeping me listening for 13 hours straigth. :)

Thanks for replying! Yeah that's what I thought but I wanted to double check! I heard that "the Pact" is supposed to be a really good book. There is also another one that some folks talked highly about...but I can't remember the title at the moment!

You're welcome !
I've heard her very first one, something with 'humblebee whale' or so in the title, and 'The Tenth Circle' are often recommended but I haven't looked into them yet. :)
I'd just choose from what appeals to your taste. :)

I have read all of her books. I have loved ALL of them. Most of them made me cry, smile, made me angry,and made me think. When I hear of a new Picoult book coming out, I am on it!

Im almost done with my sisters keeper and I have mixed feelings about it..I like the book, but the story itself I cant figure out how I feel about the subject haha

That seems to be the whole core of the thing, that most people won't know how they felt about the issue. I just finished this book, the ending was really very unexpected. Jodi Picoult did a great job of making the characters really easy to relate to, very real, very flawed and human.

I have read Nineteen Minutes, The Tenth Circle, Mercy, Harvesting the Heart, Songs of the Humpback Whale, Vanishing Acts, My Sister's Keeper, Second Glance, Perfect Match, Salem Falls, and Plain Truth. I have to say, I love all of them. However, my favorite has always been My Sister's Keeper. She is an amazing writer and I'm sure that you will find enjoyment in any of her books that you pick up. :)

Anyone else addicted to her books?

I'm currently reading 'Nineteen Minutes' - about halfway through and I love it! :)

Jodi Picoult attacks favouritism towards 'white male literary darlings' | Books | guardian.co.uk

From the article:

Picoult, whose popular novels of everyday people facing awful dilemmas have sold more than 12m copies worldwide but are largely overlooked by the literary establishment, was quick to respond. "NYT raved about Franzen's new book. Is anyone shocked?" she wrote on Twitter. "Would love to see the NYT rave about authors who aren't white male literary darlings." For every review of authors such as Haitian-American writer Edwidge Danticat or the Dominican-American Pulitzer winner Junot Díaz, "there are 10 Lethems and Franzens," she added later.

Picoult also criticised Kakutani's use of the word "lapidary". "Did you know what [it] meant when you read it in Kakutani's review? I think reviewers just like to look smart," she tweeted.

She's my favorite author of all time. I've read every one of her books.

Hi CharlotteAnn: I'm reading the first book I've ever read by Jodi Picoult "The Pact" and find it a bit of a heartbreaker so far - plus I can't imagine 9 year olds getting up to the same antics as the characters in the book. It's kind of scary to think that parents maybe never know their kids at all. I'm glad mine are all adults now. If her books had been available when my children were growing up I'm sure it would have made me wonder. I'll finish the book as I want to see how it turns out but I think I like to read for escapism - not for something that's too real. However, I'm glad you enjoy reading her books, she writes well.

Back