• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Joe Hill: Heart Shaped Box

I just feel like he has spoiled the plot for me already....but surely there must be more...unless I've read too many mysteries...I'll get back to you on this....

I must admit that I got stuck around page 100 too, It just seems to go a little surreal/weird for a bit but I'm now on page 171 and its gone back to a normal book again! Will post again when I'm done!

I must admit that I got stuck around page 100 too, It just seems to go a little surreal/weird for a bit but I'm now on page 171 and its gone back to a normal book again! Will post again when I'm done!

sounds like there's hope yet...I'll keep going...

I'm almost half way thru and it's starting to pick up a little...I'm actually starting to wonder how it will end....but the characters still aren't very likeable

Joe Hill

I started it today. I am enjoying it so far. The whole idea of buying a ghost got me hooked. :eek: I guess I'm just strange. :)

Half Way

and I can see why you guys don't like it. Not very inventive, same slow story all the way through. I am still enjoying it but could certainly use another twist or two and a few more story paths/characters.

Heart Shaped Box

I'm gonna have to give it a thumbs up. It had it's slow moments but overall I found it enjoyable.

I finished it a while ago and forgot to post back! I thought it wasn't all that bad, I've read worse. I thought the ending wasn't too bad in comparison with the rest of the book but it's not one I'll read again. I was mainly curious to see if the son wrote like the father and both have a tendency to drone on a bit but the elder King manages to keep your interest most of the time!
I would recommend reading it because it's not a bad book, and everyone has different opinions about whats a good story and what isn't.

I completed this book today. I'm not a fan of Hill's writing style. It's too plain and not as descriptive as that of his father's. Also, his characters are very boring, and frankly, irritating (especially Jude). Needless to say, I don't think it's one to be read more than once.

Back