• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

John Grisham

I think I read it once - I, too, had a Grisham binge a few years back - his were the only books I'd read for months! The Street Lawyer was one of them, I think.

I liked it. It's safe to say that, in spite of not remembering it, because I do remember that I have yet to read a Grisham Novel I dislike. That said, I didn't really like The Brethren.

Cheers

The Brethren was ok, although its hard to compare all his books as they are all so good! For him it was average, but its still a class above the other authors i've read in the same genre. I must admit that I was impressed by The Testament, it was different enough to make it interesting yet still follows the same principles as his other, at least you know what you're getting!lol!

Yeah, I liked The Testament; very refreshing - the same, yet different.

My favourite, I believe, would have to be The Partner - it was the first one I read, and I was hooked immediately.

Cheers

one of his better books!
i couldn't choose a favourite of his, though there are several i find myself returning to quite often. The Client, The Firm and The King of Torts would have to be his best (IMHO)lol!

The Client dissappointed me, but I think that was because I'd seen the film before I read the book. Never do that! That's why I never read The Firm - I'd seen the movie already. I've also not yet read The King Of Torts.

Cheers

i was quite fortunate in that i read the books well before seeing the films!
It seems that Hollywood still underestimates the attention spans, intelligence and memory retention of the audience! (although having seen some examples of today's youth via my local town they could actually be being generous with their opinions!lol!)

thats one that i've had lying around for abt 18 months and i still can't get into it, so i guess it will just have to sit there and complete the collection!lol!

just finished the pelican brief
i think this might be my favorite after the partner
(altought the testament has the best first two chapters overall in the grisham books and probably in general)

I've only read one book written by John Grisham, and that's "The King of Torts".
I didn't like it. Maybe it got something to do with the fact that I'm not that into mystery & thrillers.
But I've wanted to read "The Street Lawyer" though... so I think I'll give it a try some day.

Maya said:
I've only read one book written by John Grisham, and that's "The King of Torts".
I didn't like it. Maybe it got something to do with the fact that I'm not that into mystery & thrillers.
But I've wanted to read "The Street Lawyer" though... so I think I'll give it a try some day.

I enjoyed The Street Lawyer, but it seems that many did not like it as much as his others. Perhaps you'll like it for that reason, though. :)

I just finished The King of Torts. It was ok to pass the time, but not a great read. It was a bit predictable, and about a quarter or half way through you could easily tell what was going to happen towards the end. I thought it would have ended better if
Clay would have lost it all (which he did in a way, but not enough), and then killed himself out of guilt. In fact, I thought that was what would happen, so I was a bit disappointed at the "happily ever after" ending.
Oh well. :rolleyes:

I read "A Time To Kill" When I was young and enjoyed it a lot. I also read "The Rainmaker" a while back and I liked it as well, but when I tried to read "The Firm" I couldn't finish it. I don't know why, it wasn't that bad, but I got bored with it.

Yeah, I had to take a break from Grisham for a few years. I can only read so many 'legal thrillers' in a row, before they all start sounding the same. :rolleyes: :eek:

Ive finished The Street Lawyer, which I really liked. It was a bit of a predictable ending, where the goody always wins. I still thought the way it was phrased and the descriptions were fantastic. The books make great films, which is why there are short scenes in the same places - like films.

The only one that I have finished is A Time to Kill... I need to re-read The Client since it's been so long since I left off on that one. I think the main reason that I didn't was because I had seen the movie prior and was too lazy at that time to finish it.

A Time to Kill was pretty good I thought. Despite the overall theme of heartbreak present in the novel, there were the numerous comical comments from the characters in the book that would come just when you think you would cry from the sadness.

I just recently read 'Skipping Christmas', and it was the first Grisham novel that I've read, but I did enjoy it.

Back