• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

John Grisham

phil_t

This is because ive just read 'The Runaway Jury', which was one of his better ones, even if the ending was a tad predictable :)

I usually like his books, quite enjoyed A Painted House because it was a step away from his usual law based books.

Any favourites?

I'm not too fond of Grisham. For some reason I could never get his novels to really take me away.

'The Runaway Jury' is also my favourite Grisham-novel, but is has been quite a while since I last read it.

Cheers, Martin

Currently reading The Firm, and i should have it finished by tonight - it seems okay at the moment, but it hasnt gripped me like some of his others (plus i find it a little hard trying to root for the protagonist when he's already cheated on his wife!)

I like John Grisham - I think my favourite is also The Runaway Jury, although I also enjoyed The Brethren and The Partner. My least favourite of his was probably The Testament (although haven't read A Painted House - yet).

My favourite, as said before is 'The Runaway Jury', but my least favourite is 'The Brethren', which I absolutely did not enjoy. My second favourite would have to be 'The Testament', or 'The Partner'.

By the way, what do you guys think of the film 'The Runaway Jury' that'll be out soon, and is already out in some parts of the world (those parts do absolutely not include Holland).

Cheers, Martin :D

Martin, i enjoyed both the Runaway Jury and the Partner - the film of the Runaway Jury stars John Cusack (my favorite actor!!) so its going to be brilliant!! (Having Rachel Weisz in it isnt bad either :D )

Phil

Yeah, I know, I've seen the poster. It's got Gene Hackman in there as well, right?

I reckon it's gonna be good. However, on IMDB, which is quite reliable, it only received a 6.9 out of 10. I'm still gonna go see it, though.

The Runaway Jury was a VERY good movie. I enjoyed it at least! I don't know how it compares to the book though because I've never read it. But I do recommend the movie! :)

Originally posted by phil_t
This is because ive just read 'The Runaway Jury', which was one of his better ones, even if the ending was a tad predictable :)

I usually like his books, quite enjoyed A Painted House because it was a step away from his usual law based books.

Any favourites?

im still reading his novel, the chamber. so far so good! :p

I liked 'The Chamber', despite the fact that I couldn't erase the faces of Chris O'Donnell and Gene Hackman out of my mind.

Originally posted by Martin
I liked 'The Chamber', despite the fact that I couldn't erase the faces of Chris O'Donnell and Gene Hackman out of my mind.

I know what you mean. In the past, when I see the film first and then bought a book to see compare which ones the best. Any actors/actress stuck in my mind when I read book is really annoyed!! It taught me a lesson to read book first before see the films!:D

Same thing with 'The Lord of the Rings'.

I will never, ever be able to visualise Frodo as anyone else than Elijah Wood. Thank heavens the movies were so excellently cast!

most of john grisham's are nice. i first read 'the client' - sumwhat my fav. 'runaway jury' came second, another fav. 'the summons' was not that good. 'king of torts' , the latest one, well... it's just a bit weird that it's not as exciting. although the plot is quite unique.

I think I've read all of his and would have to say The Client is my favorite with Bleachers being my least. The Painted House & Skipping Christmas were unique for him and would give a thumbs up to both (esp. House). I always look forward to his new ones and will jump all over the one due out in March.

Bill

Originally posted by Kaz
I know what you mean. In the past, when I see the film first and then bought a book to see compare which ones the best. Any actors/actress stuck in my mind when I read book is really annoyed!! It taught me a lesson to read book first before see the films!:D

lol that's what i'm avoiding. i always read the book first before watching the film.

dont u think John Grisham writes too dragging books?i started with " The Summons" and couldnt finish it."The Partner " was much better though.looking forward to reading "the runaway jury"
after wat u all guys said!!!

For me, they don't seem to drag. I know they're easy reading but I like them. Thankfully I was wrong about the release date of The Last Juror. I picked up a copy today (at the grocery store of all places) and plan on making it my next read.
Bill

The first of his I read was The Testament a few years ago and I've been hooked ever since. A Painted House was a nice departure from the legal arena and was filled with emotion his legal novels have yet to grasp.

Most recently I blazed through The King Of Torts and The Runaway Jury. There have been several in between but I can't remember all the titles now. I guess you could say I'm a fan.

Back