• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Josh Ritter wrote a novel?

Do the links and Youtube video not work?

Polly Parrot, remind me to discipline you later.

American singer/songwriter. Very talented. I probably sent you some of his stuff already.

In all seriousness, it seems these days every other clever country songwriter has a novel or two under his belt. Kinky Friedman, Ryan Adams, Willy Vlautin, Steve Earle, Josh Ritter... Someone should write something about the rekindled interest in both conservative and not-so-conservative depictions of working-class America. Maybe. /Sidebar

Also, Lucinda Williams should be forced to write a book.

Interesting observation although I don't know how Josh Ritter (and Ryan Adams these days) would feel about being labeled country. :lol:

I think it warrants a closer look for sure.

Lucinda Williams, Kathleen Edwards, John Prine, Jeff Tweedy, and Jay Farrar all need to be forced to write a book.

In all seriousness, it seems these days every other clever country songwriter has a novel or two under his belt. Kinky Friedman, Ryan Adams, Willy Vlautin, Steve Earle, Josh Ritter... Someone should write something about the rekindled interest in both conservative and not-so-conservative depictions of working-class America. Maybe. /Sidebar

Also, Lucinda Williams should be forced to write a book.

I feel the same way about Tom T. Hall and the late Roger Miller. Too late for Miller, but Tom's still breathing...

Interesting observation although I don't know how Josh Ritter (and Ryan Adams these days) would feel about being labeled country. :lol:
Wikipedia says he was inspired to start writing music the first time he heard Dylan and Cash duet on "Girl From The North Country." That makes him officially country.

Lucinda Williams, Kathleen Edwards, John Prine, Jeff Tweedy, and Jay Farrar all need to be forced to write a book.

I feel the same way about Tom T. Hall and the late Roger Miller. Too late for Miller, but Tom's still breathing...

Yup, yup. Also, Guy Clark.

Back