• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Kathy's reviews

quilter Kathy

This isn't my first review, but I guess it is my first here. So, here goes!

Nobody’s Child by Libby Fischer Hellmann

She had to write 3 stand-alones before getting back to Georgia Davis, but Libby Hellmann has finally provided us with another exciting story in the life of Georgia Davis, PI.

In full disclosure, I was provided with a copy of Nobody’s Child in digital form with no obligation on my part to write this review. I am so glad I didn’t have to wait until August!

I found this book riveting, suspenseful and very well written. Parallel stories drove this reader to turn the page with great anticipation each time. I was so sorry to see the last page because I knew it will be another couple of years, at least, before I will be able to spend time with Georgia again. Oh, wait! I can go back a reread the series – they are all that good!

NOBODY'S CHILD by Libby Fischer Hellmann...
I found this book riveting, suspenseful and very well written. Parallel stories drove this reader to turn the page with great anticipation each time. I was so sorry to see the last page because I knew it will be another couple of years, at least, before I will be able to spend time with Georgia again. Oh, wait! I can go back a reread the series – they are all that good!

Kathy, I've only read one Georgia Davis, P. I. novel...but this fourth one sounds really good:

A bloodstained note left for PI Georgia Davis reveals the shocking existence of a half-sister she never knew about. Her sister, Savannah, is pregnant and begging for Georgia’s help. Determined to track her down, Georgia finds herself heading deep into the secretive and dangerous underworld of Chicago’s illegal sex trafficking business. She soon discovers that trafficking is just a small part of the horrifying and deadly situation in which her new sister is caught up. Even worse, as Georgia tries to extricate Savannah, she comes up against an old enemy determined to make sure neither woman will escape alive. In the fourth Georgia Davis novel, Georgia faces her toughest challenge yet—and one she might not survive.

When
I picked Libby's second Georgia Davis novel to read...Libby was already established as a mystery writer with her Ellie Foreman series. So I chose DOUBLEBACK which offered a look at Georgia's fictional friend, Ellie Foreman. Here's what I said in my review which I titled Two Investigators for the Price of One... "Georgia "Peaches" Davis is a private detective in Chicago who drinks her coffee black, doesn't particularly like cats, and is a former policewoman. Her BFF is one Ellie Foreman, a documentary filmmaker who just happens to be the protag of Hellmann's earlier series.

When I recently revisited Libby's books on Amazon...I found that she had written a prequel for her Georgia Davis mysteries...TOXICITY....so I'll be reading that soon. I'm very curious why Georgia is nicknamed "Peaches" (there's got to be some Southern folk in her family!) and how she met Ellie Foreman... which seems to be a bit like the author....

Have you read all the Georgia Davis books?
Jane

Back