• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Kill Bill I and II

watercrystal said:
Iris??? Do you have the song lyric at hand? (being lazy to search, :p )

I do NOT like kill bill I & II!
Goo Goo Dolls
Iris

And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now
And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
'Cause sooner or later it's over
I just don't want to miss you tonight

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
And you bleed just to know you're alive

Beautiful song

hay82 said:
Iris is a great song, and you gotta love meg ryan

jap i do!! and i like the song angel from sahra mclachlan, too. and i'm sorry for changing the name of you've got mail, but in german is it: E-mail fuer dich and i just translated it!! :eek:

Loved both. Own both. Loved Pai Mai's character the best. Would've dressed up as him for Halloween but didn't think about it in time. Had to settle for being a Hooter's Girl.

I liked Kill Bill I and II. I thought the first one was sort of silly, especially with the fight scenes, but that's what I liked about it. It was bloody and interesting and I could still laugh along with it. Go-Go (the Crazy 88 girl dressed as a schoolgirl with the spikey metal ball on a chain) was my favorite character.
As for the second, I was quite surprised when I saw it. Why? Because it had an entirely different feel to it. I still liked it, but it had a different kind of qualit...not that many fights, but some rather good stuff in it. It had a more serious tone, while still having the same sort of odd goofiness as the first, though in the second it was subtly placed.

ParadoxicalRae said:
I liked Kill Bill I and II. I thought the first one was sort of silly, especially with the fight scenes, but that's what I liked about it. It was bloody and interesting and I could still laugh along with it. Go-Go (the Crazy 88 girl dressed as a schoolgirl with the spikey metal ball on a chain) was my favorite character.
As for the second, I was quite surprised when I saw it. Why? Because it had an entirely different feel to it. I still liked it, but it had a different kind of qualit...not that many fights, but some rather good stuff in it. It had a more serious tone, while still having the same sort of odd goofiness as the first, though in the second it was subtly placed.
i totally agree!! the first one was just to capture your attention and in the second you got the rest of the story, you needed to make sense out of it! i loved them, and i'm going to buy them, when i have money!! :D

I enjoyed both KB I&II, I also enjoyed Jackie Brown and Pulp Fiction.
I think Quentin filmed KB in a Japanese fashion, which would account for all of the blood spraying everywhere.

for example, "Fudoh" and "Shogun Assassins" are pretty bloody.
Both are my kind of movies. I do enjoy all types of movies such as "Chicago", as well.

DNSimmons said:
I enjoyed both KB I&II, I also enjoyed Jackie Brown and Pulp Fiction.
I think Quentin filmed KB in a Japanese fashion, which would account for all of the blood spraying everywhere.

for example, "Fudoh" and "Shogun Assassins" are pretty bloody.
Both are my kind of movies. I do enjoy all types of movies such as "Chicago", as well.

how about moulin rouge?

Turque, I've just got to say that I love your avatar of Puss in Boots - it really cracks me up every time I see it! :D

Halo said:
Turque, I've just got to say that I love your avatar of Puss in Boots - it really cracks me up every time I see it! :D
Tnx a lot Halo, I will give you the link of these avatars if you'd like to change yours! There are a lot of them, but I saved the link at work! :D

Oh? And why is that? *folds arms and taps foot in an annoyed fashion* :mad: No, seriously, I'm interested in why you think that. :)

I'll bring this thread back to life, if only for a moment....I just watched both of these over the past weekend. I really enjoyed them a lot. I thought the violence was humorized enough with the almost Monty Pythonesque spurting of red stained water. I loved the music selection. I pretty much really got into the whole thing. I will certainly rent them both again at some point soon.

I was wondering if anybody else thought that Darrel Hannah (spelling?) has never looked so freakin' sexy as she did with an eye patch......I did wonder why she had a bandaid on one of her fingers for the entire movie? Did I miss something with that?

bobbyburns said:
I'm so sick of hearing that. I've seen most of the films and tv shows people claim tarantino ripped off when he made kill bill--dead and buried, shogun assassin, master killer, circle of iron, kung fu, game of death, mishima, and so on--and I still don't buy it. the same people said that the title scene in jackie brown was a rip-off of the graduate, when it was clearly trying to capture a kind of nostalgia. for whatever reason, they perceived that be a threat. they've forgotten that twenty-five years ago airplane! came out and did the same thing, and no one ever complained that it was plagiaristic. tarantino has made an art out of parodying other films, and that pisses a lot of people off. but all filmmakers steal, even the bad ones. are you fond of taxi driver? go rent medium cool. did you like blue velvet? check out belle de jour. amélie? ikiru. whether they admit it or not, almost every filmmaker has stolen his or her technique from someone else.

Very well said, I must have missed this thread the first time around. Bobbyburns, have you ever heard someone badmouth a movie because they 'ripped it off from the matrix'? That is probably one of the silliest statements I've ever heard and it generally destroys all credibility as far as I'm concerned for the reasons mentioned above. Just my 2 cents here.

Motokid said:
I was wondering if anybody else thought that Darrel Hannah (spelling?) has never looked so freakin' sexy as she did with an eye patch......I did wonder why she had a bandaid on one of her fingers for the entire movie? Did I miss something with that?
I think she would look much sexier wearing two eye patches.

Yes, both volumes rocked. I can't wait for the four-disc NC-17 special edition DVD set coming out later this year. And I am serious... there is such a collection coming out. Anyone else excited about seeing all 4 1/2 hours of undoctored film from beginning to end?

I would love to see it, but I may have to wait until I have a weekend without any of the girls in the house. NC17 would not be appropriate with the kiddies, and my wife is not into the orginal movies, let alone an expanded edition.

honeydevil said:
does anybody actually found this movie as great as i did? i thought it was just awsome how she fought and the music to that, Quantin Terantino (sorry for the spelling, i was to lazy to look it up)!! He is great, a genius!! :)
what do you think

Loved both of them-I especially enjoyed the music which was entertaining, I know others despise it, but that's just me.

The sword fight scene in the trailer was just awesome!. Oh man, the eye-ball thing? Wow. :eek: Can't answer about the band-aid, I didn't observe that too closely. :eek:

I never saw that band-aid, but i have to say the personelle bodyguard of O-Ren was great too.

"what she lacks in experience, she compensates with craziness"

I think that was the way the girly was introduced..

Back