• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Kill Bill I and II

honeydevil

does anybody actually found this movie as great as i did? i thought it was just awsome how she fought and the music to that, Quantin Terantino (sorry for the spelling, i was to lazy to look it up)!! He is great, a genius!! :)
what do you think

I only seen the first Kill Bill but it was really fantastic. See, it's good, has ninja :D

But really it was a great movie. Very stylish :)

yeah it was!! the second is just to complete the story, there are a few good scenes in it, but if you want to have nijas focus on the first part!! i thought the whole concept is great, it is quiet simple, but made with so much love for details, that i can't do anything else, then love it!! :D

I found the first one completly ridiculous and wanted to leave the cinema after 20 minutes. All that spraying of blod and her extremly long fight just got boring.
Didn't see the second one untill one of my friends got it so I didn't have to pay to see it. That one was tolerable but nothing more.

I absolutely loved Vol. I. Of course it's style over substance, but that doesn't have to be a bad thing.

I wrote a review, here.

Cheers

I loved both the Kill Bills! Absolutely! I remember finishing the first one thinking about how stylish everything was. The spraying of blood actually made me laugh - and I think Tarantino probably wanted that. :D

The second featured a veteran Hongkong actor as Pai Mai. Growing up on countless Hongkie serials, seeing Pai Mai made me feel a little weird. Also seeing Uma responding in English to all the Cantonese stuff he was saying detracted from whatever effect Tarantino was aiming for (for me, that is).

But the second was also really good. One of my best movie scenes came from that film (I'll post that one in the Fav Movie Scenes thread).

I didn't think I liked Pulp Fiction much, but the Kill Bills were great!

ds

Martin said:
I absolutely loved Vol. I. Of course it's style over substance, but that doesn't have to be a bad thing.

I agree! The violence in KB1 made me feel sick, but at the same time it was somehow comedic violence. The soundtrack was great too.

In summary: Kill Bill 1 = excellent, Kill Bill 2 = absolute shite.

Halo said:
I agree! The violence in KB1 made me feel sick, but at the same time it was somehow comedic violence.
I thought the violence was so very silly in Kill Bill 1. The silliest violence around, really.

I still haven't seen Vol. 2.

I wouldn't bother with Vol. 2. Although there were fewer suspend-your-disbelief fights, so you might like it better! :)

I'll watch it when I get around to it. I'm not the biggest Tarantino fan, but I always enjoy watching his movies.

As you would expect, I thought they were crap (second was better) and a step in the wrong direction for Tarantino. I don't buy his "homage" response to criticism of these films.

I'm so sick of hearing that. I've seen most of the films and tv shows people claim tarantino ripped off when he made kill bill--dead and buried, shogun assassin, master killer, circle of iron, kung fu, game of death, mishima, and so on--and I still don't buy it. the same people said that the title scene in jackie brown was a rip-off of the graduate, when it was clearly trying to capture a kind of nostalgia. for whatever reason, they perceived that be a threat. they've forgotten that twenty-five years ago airplane! came out and did the same thing, and no one ever complained that it was plagiaristic. tarantino has made an art out of parodying other films, and that pisses a lot of people off. but all filmmakers steal, even the bad ones. are you fond of taxi driver? go rent medium cool. did you like blue velvet? check out belle de jour. amélie? ikiru. whether they admit it or not, almost every filmmaker has stolen his or her technique from someone else.

hay82 said:
I found the first one completly ridiculous and wanted to leave the cinema after 20 minutes. All that spraying of blod and her extremly long fight just got boring.
Didn't see the second one untill one of my friends got it so I didn't have to pay to see it. That one was tolerable but nothing more.

sorry you feel this way :( , but what movies do you like??

honeydevil said:
sorry you feel this way :( , but what movies do you like??
Amelie, Shawshank redemtion, pink floyd the wall, Moulin Rouge (yep thats right), chocolat, big fish... not really Kill Bill types of movies

hay82 said:
Amelie, Shawshank redemtion, pink floyd the wall, Moulin Rouge (yep thats right), chocolat, big fish... not really Kill Bill types of movies

i never saw Amelie or Shawshank redemtion, but i love pink floyd the wall, moulin rouge and chocolat!!
i also love city of angels and e-mail for you!!
:cool:

Iris??? Do you have the song lyric at hand? (being lazy to search )

I do NOT like kill bill I & II!

They are not even cool. well, we have different versions of being cool.

Back