• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

"Last Activity..."

Kookamoor

Question - How come some members do not have a record in their user profile of 'Last Activity'? That is, the last time they logged into TBF. Is this something they can choose to turn off? Or do they PM a mod to turn this off? I'm just wondering if this is a sign that they do not intend to return, or simply part of their TBF settup.

I don't think it always means that they are inactive members. Being online in invisible mode last might have something to do with it too.

mehastings said:
I don't think it always means that they are inactive members. Being online in invisible mode last might have something to do with it too.

How does one lurk in invisible mode? That explains the times I've seen the info at the bottom of the page saying there were x-amount of members online, but when I look to see what everyone's doing online, they don't all show up..or they show up on the who's online page and not on the front page..veddy inkterestink;)

abecedarian said:
How does one lurk in invisible mode?

You can select it as an option in User Control Panel. Under Edit Options select "Use Invisible Mode". Then, you'll be super secret under cover!

abecedarian said:
How does one lurk in invisible mode? That explains the times I've seen the info at the bottom of the page saying there were x-amount of members online, but when I look to see what everyone's doing online, they don't all show up..or they show up on the who's online page and not on the front page..veddy inkterestink;)

You'll find few of them are "lurkers" per se; the majority are web bots indexing the forum's pages' contents for whatever search engine they belong.

Being in "invisable" mode does not make the "last activity" function stop appearing. I think it has something to do with how long a person has been in-active.

Take Martin for example. He's vanished. (who else noticed?) I checked his profile last week and the last activity function was working. It showed his last post had been in mid-October. I went and looked today and the "last activity" thingy was no longer showing.

Jenngorham's does not show up either. There must be a time frame connected with this.

I see no "latest activity" in Peder's profile either?

But I don't think it was you Kenny.

After checking...I don't see it in yours either Kenny?

Now I'm confused...is it a feature you can turn on/off?

OK, I'm invisable now.

Can you see my latest activity?

Sounds kinda kinky...but look anyway...my wife won't care...really....

Motokid said:
OK, I'm invisable now.

Can you see my latest activity?

Sounds kinda kinky...but look anyway...my wife won't care...really....
Nope, I can still see your helmet though...

:D :D :D :eek: :D

Huh? Really? Maybe it is the "invisable made" ?

What we need is a mod, or Darren to clear this whole thing up....

Okay, as I understand it.

The 'Latest Activity' only shows if you have not chosen invisible mode in your user profile.

If you choose invisible mode, there will be no 'Latest Activity' shown until you uncheck it again. Therefore, if a member is in invisible mode, he/she can be logged on and viewing threads at anytime but his profile will not show any activity. There are members who do this all the time or just some of the time. I occasionally choose invisible mode if I want to pop in and out quickly, say to read a pm, check a thread (or maybe I'm just feeling antisocial :p ).
- i.e. a member who shows no 'latest activity' may still be logging on daily and lurking without you knowing about it.

That is also my understanding of the function. Those who have the 'invisible mode' option turned on do not show up as having their Last Activity recorded.

Ell said:
If you choose invisible mode, there will be no 'Latest Activity' shown until you uncheck it again. Therefore, if a member is in invisible mode, he/she can be logged on and viewing threads at anytime but his profile will not show any activity. There are members who do this all the time or just some of the time. I occasionally choose invisible mode if I want to pop in and out quickly, say to read a pm, check a thread (or maybe I'm just feeling antisocial :p ).
- i.e. a member who shows no 'latest activity' may still be logging on daily and lurking without you knowing about it.
I didn't even know 'Invisible mode' was an option for us laymen (aka not mods :D ). Man, and here I am with a member on my tail to get back to work and I could just jump into invisible mode and she'd think I was logged off and working... hmm...

Does "latest activity" also stop showing up after a certain amount of inactivity? Like a person not logging on for over a month kinda thing?

Back