• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Last seen...

True dat. I guess I should just sit back and enjoy it. It's not like he is re-writing Shakespeare or anything.

Someone told me their "theory" about The Hobbit movies versus the book and I thought it made perfect sense.

The events in the movies "actually happened" and the book was Bilbo's sanitation of story for general consumption, i.e., Frodo, much like a WWII vet normally doesn't talk about the horrors and only the other, "more entertaining" and comic stuff.

Latest episode (UK terrestrial) of Big Bang Theory, I learned that Sheldon's laptop has a Core i7 processor like mine. There are differences of course, Sheldon's laptop has a lot more RAM and Howard has rubbed his genitals on it.

that made me actually lol here this morning.. :) (i've always liked Big Bang Theory)

last seen was the second Sherlock Holmes movie - Game of Shadows.. i don't think i will ever get the image of Robert Downey jnr in drag out of my mind... :D

Last night I saw Gangster Squad. That was a great movie! Its a very pro-america, 'fight for whats right' kind of movie. Its can be pretty gruesome at times, but I came away loving it.

EDIT

As far as The Hobbit goes - the movie was great. It pulls you in and its just plain fun (I wrote a review of it, in fact). Whether or not Jackson is adding bits, or over-extending minor plot points, he's still doing an incredible job with it.

Who knew The Doctor would grow up to be Radagast The Brown!? lo

Silver Linings Playbook - Bradley Cooper's eyes are pretty and Jennifer Lawrence has an attractive rump, but the film itself is trite. I'm not understanding the buzz.

Heh. I'm very fond of the "You know what the Mexicans say about the Pacific? They say it has no memory. That's where I want to live the rest of my life. A warm place with no memory" line.

Enjoy your quote-along!

And that's how it came to pass that on the second-to-last day of the job, the convict crew that tarred the plate factory roof in the spring of forty-nine wound up sitting in a row at ten o'clock in the morning drinking icy cold, Bohemia-style beer, courtesy of the hardest screw that ever walked a turn at Shawshank State Prison.

if we are talking quotes...

I'm about to get killed a million miles from nowhere with a gung-ho iguana who tells me to relax.

one of my older, all time favourite movies...

Back