• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Last seen...

The show's closing credits state that "re-creations are based on eyewitness accounts, testimonials and the legend of the Amish Mafia."

I'm crushed, really. You've turned my view of the world upside down. Going to need some time to process it all. Maybe some Mob Wives therapy . . .

Lost an entire Saturday afternoon. Encore ran the whole Shogun miniseries back to back. I loved that book, and only vaguely remembered the series from childhood.
I could not shut it off. Not sure why. Even as the time slipped away I remember thinking, this isn't that good...

Oz The Great And Powerful
3 1/2 Stars

Pretty darn good. James Franco made a good Oz. My daughter loved it and she is a pretty big fan of the first movie. I'll defer to her expertise.

I finally got to see John Dies at the End in the theater last week. I LOVED it! No, it was not as good as the book, but it would have taken 17 hours of narration from the mind of Dave's character alone to come close to doing that. In all, I highly recommend it. It is also available on demand (it has very limited showings in theaters) and via download. The hubby saw it with me and his all he could say was that it blew his mind and was like nothing he'd ever seen.

My last movie was Skyfall at the theatre. That was a good Bond for once. Not all too focused on exploding stuff - what I loved best about it was the humour and the stellar cast.

@Hedwig...loved Skyfall. I'm sorry it is Dench's last though.

@Robert...Haven't seen it in years, but have lovely memories of it. :)

Twelve O'clock High with Gregory Peck.

I'd love to read the book... if I could find a copy.

@pontalba...it has been a few years. It's nice to see a familiar name.:)

I have to disagree about Skyfall. It doesn't help that I don't like Daniel Craig as Bond. But to cast a wet-behind-the-ears-still-in-nappies kid as Q? And to revolve the entire story around a plot to get M just to explain Judie Dench's retirement? They never bothered to explain how M was suddenly a woman in the first place. And all the things that make Bond movies - yes all the clichés - were missing. It could have been any old generic action movie without them. And I won't mention the glaring continuity error during the final shootout back at the ancestral home. Amazing how fast the sun can set when the director wants darkness to highlight the boom bangs. Like instantly from one frame to the next. Very annoying.

Lost an entire Saturday afternoon. Encore ran the whole Shogun miniseries back to back. I loved that book, and only vaguely remembered the series from childhood.
I could not shut it off. Not sure why. Even as the time slipped away I remember thinking, this isn't that good...

The series of books by James Clavell are some of my favourites. Perhaps the issue with the series (which I only vaguely remember seeing bits of) was Richard Chamberlain who was always a bit OTT in his acting.

The Searchers directed by John Ford and staring John Wayne and Jeffrey Hunter.

Excellent movie. I may have to read the book.

Back