• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Last seen...

They edit movies when they're on TV over there? Yuck!!

Terrible.

And how can you be put off by Naomi Watts? Only the best actress out there today.

Cheers

jenngorham said:
i know. i usually just avoid tv'editted films as it makes me insane. someone is obviously saying "motherfucker" and "momandcrackers" comes out. stupid.
Hehe. That's just silly.

The worst thing that ever happened to me was that I was watching Strangers on a Train in English with French subtitles when all of the sudden it becomes French with French subtitles and a French guy saying what was happening on-screen too. A bit like subtitles for the hearing-impaired, only out loud. That freaked me out.

novella said:
I just ordered Igby Goes Down from the 'berry. Can't wait to see it.

i thought you meant quigly down under(?) with tom selleck and i was like, that doesn't sound like a film novella would like. :confused:

Irreversible. This movie is trying very hard to be shocking with its detailed voilence, but I don't really couldn't see the point in it. I liked the idea of the story, but the 10-15 minute long rape scene seemed way over the top, and I really didn't like it.

jenngorham said:
i thought you meant quigly down under(?) with tom selleck and i was like, that doesn't sound like a film novella would like. :confused:

haha. Now you've made me come to Tom Selleck's defense, a first! I love his little high-pitched voice and his evasive, comfort-seeking persona in Magnum PI. :)

Martin said:
You didn't really like the most realistic, 15 minute rape scene ever put to film?
But are you sure it's the most realistic, 15 minute rape scene ever put to film?

I don't know. I haven't seen every movie ever made.

But as far as rape scenes go, I don't think the one in Baise-Moi took quite as long... ;)

Apparently, it's only 9 minutes.

And I've never seen Irréversible, by the way. Don't think I really want to either.

It's not a movie you watch for entertainment, no. It's all about the emotional impact.

Cheers

Back