• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Last seen...

Watched Domésticas, Ghost Dog and Sin City.

Sin City I actually liked. The others were a bit weird.

Speaking of Sin City, I just got back from seeing it - sweet baby jesus, that was good!

Excellent, excellent film.

Cheers

"Irréversible" has had complaints on the stereotypes regarding homosexuals and the rape.

Most rapes supposedly takes place in homes and the rapist is someone that the victim knows. I don't know, it might not be supported by the statistics but that could be because there's a large hidden number of people who choose not to report people they know. Either way I don't think it's important for the movie as it would have been a completely different movie if she had known the rapist.

When it comes to the portrayal of homosexuals the director had a hunch that he could be assumed to be a homophobe so he made put himself in the movie as a club visitor that fiddled with himself.

Personally I don't think that you should expect movies to be realistic in every aspect.

watched GoodBye Lenin!

what left with me was this: every lie (small lies, big lies, white lies, or true lies or whatever) has been supported by a reason, a plausible, sensible, thin reason, the reason you could excuse away everything, anything. The only thing, perhaps, that can make one feel comfortable is that we hold this shining pure sincere feeling to the one we care about. and that is enough to soothe the bruises through all the twists, chaos, muddles, and rocks on the road to the end.... blah,blah,and etc, etc and something about the history and us.

I finally got to see Saw, and man, is that an excellent film!

I loved every minute of it.

Cheers

saw Star Wars Episode 3 on Friday night. it was pretty good, definitely better than the last prequels.
there's a scene where Darth Vader is getting fit for his helmet, it's a profile shot of the pieces coming together and he takes his first breath.
so dope

I watched Blast From the Past on Sunday evening. I can't believe we missed it when it was in theaters..I liked it very much.

Martin said:
Resident Evil: Apocalypse - Zombies, good looking chicks, blood 'n gore, and a shitload of weapons; what's not to like?!

Cheers

AMEN BROTHER :D

Finally watched Star Wars: Ep 3 awhile back. I think the best thing that I can say about it is that it's a lot better than the other 2. Altough I think George Lucass needs to put his crayons away now and go home!

Still can't believe he actually had a character in it go "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" While waving his arms about. My. God.

:D

at least it was better than some of the dialogue.

"OH Ani, you are breaking my heart"

and let's not forget the wonderful and very romantic

"You are beautiful Padme"
"Oh NO NO, it's because you love me Ani"

yeah :D I forgot that one. It's even worse!

Or

"None were spared *theatrical choke* even the... younglins."

Or

"Oh ANI, hold me Ani! Hold me like you did on Naboo"

Still a good film, though. Well, maybe not good, but freaking spectacular!!

Now go see Sin City, it's even better.

Cheers

Back