• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Last seen...

It was something from the site Anime Suki. It was a fan dub so not sure you will know it. Do you know Animie Suki?

There have been a number of posts about how hype can kill things.

I watched Napolean Dynomite last night and I'm very confused. I've heard so much about how goddamn funny this movie is. Especially from my wife and 12 year old daughter. I've been listening to impressions of Napolean's "gosh" comments for weeks.

I laughed a few times, but never a gut splitting, fall off my chair kind of thing. I'm really glad I did not pay to see it in a theater. It was an ok time killer, but I would not say it was great by any stretch.

I also discovered this to be my feelings about the Austin Powers movies. I heard all they hype, but never quite found the movies to be any good.

Rustam said:
No, I don't. Explane please. If it's something terrible :), then in private. ;)

lol No, it's not anything terrible :D

In Japan there are lots and lots of anime TV shows that don't make it to other countries. There are fan sub groups that take time out to sub title these shows as they are released and put them online for download!

Anime Suki is a web site that tracks the bit torrents of these groups. There are many anime TV shows on the site to download. It's a wonderful altruistic thing for them to do. If a show is going to be realised outside of Japan on DVD or a TV station then the group will remove all links to files and stop translation work on them.

Anyway, the link if you are interested :) http://www.animesuki.com/

Enjoy! :D

The last movie I saw at home was La Meglio Giuventù, which was long, and the last one I saw at the theatre was Wicker Park, which was boring.

Watched yesterday "OldBoy". Didn't notice director of it, but film is great.
From the begining and for the rest of film gazed it with wide open mouth.
the storeline of film shocked me.
Tarantino's words that this film is the best one of kann festival not just mere.
Conclusion: MUST SEE.

SillyWabbit said:
lol No, it's not anything terrible :D

In Japan there are lots and lots of anime TV shows that don't make it to other countries. There are fan sub groups that take time out to sub title these shows as they are released and put them online for download!

Anime Suki is a web site that tracks the bit torrents of these groups. There are many anime TV shows on the site to download. It's a wonderful altruistic thing for them to do. If a show is going to be realised outside of Japan on DVD or a TV station then the group will remove all links to files and stop translation work on them.

Anyway, the link if you are interested :) http://www.animesuki.com/

Enjoy! :D

Thanks a lot ;)

bobbyburns said:
it's an obscure italian horror genre that most filmmakers are reluctant to admit ever existed, because so many of them have blatantly plagiarized it. overall, it's more artistic in style than other horror genres. check out dario argento and you'll see what I mean. the color is electrifying, especially in suspiria and tenebre. classic giallo films. argento is good stuff. he worked with george romero on a couple films, including dawn of the dead. as a rule, if you like romero, you'll like argento too. other notable giallo directors are lucio fulci (whose films are currently distributed by quentin tarantino's rolling thunder pictures), mario bava (the giallo founder) and ruggero deodato (the much loathed director of jungle holocaust and cannibal holocaust, two films that will shock even the most seasoned horror enthusiast). I think you're really going to enjoy it.

That's strange to see this mentioned, I watched 'Cannibal Holocaust' the other day. I am a die-hard seasoned horror fan, and it wasn't scary, but I did have to take a minute at the end of it to get my head together....

as a film, it's pretty tacky, but there's a massive amount of shock value, which is the only value it really has. there aren't many films out there that use real human corpses or show animals being dismembered, skinned, gutted, shot and decapitated.

bobbyburns said:
as a film, it's pretty tacky, but there's a massive amount of shock value, which is the only value it really has. there aren't many films out there that use real human corpses or show animals being dismembered, skinned, gutted, shot and decapitated.

The turtle scene I thought was particularly gross and unneccessary, but as a horror movie i think it definately did the job. I was a bit irritated by the fact they kept hammering home the idea that the people from 'civilised society' were more brutal than the cannibals (by the last line 'Mmmm, I wonder who the real cannibals are?' I was screaming at the TV 'ok, ok I get it already!'), but I quite liked the fact that by the climax of the film i was actually rooting for the cannibals...

If I don't remember wrong, (which I can't possibly do when it comes to movies, since I don't see many of them) I saw "Road to Perdition", which made my cry and sob and all.
Saw it home by the way.

I saw a movie about "Anne Frank" in 4th grade, which made me throw up, and feel all sick and bad. So after that I've stayed away from films that got anything to do with holocaust and jews and all the horrible stuff that happen to them.
I can't handle it.

mojo, rent jungle holocaust. I think you'll like it, because, unlike cannibal, it was based on a true story. this italian guy gets stranded in the 'the green inferno' and has to mimic the cannibals in order to survive. it's better than cannibal, in my opinion. it doesn't beat you over the head with a moral, either. it's classic cinema verité. by the way, if you thought the turtle scene was sick, there's a scene with an alligator that is torture to watch. you won't root for the cannibals in this one.

bobbyburns said:
mojo, rent jungle holocaust. I think you'll like it, because, unlike cannibal, it was based on a true story. this italian guy gets stranded in the 'the green inferno' and has to mimic the cannibals in order to survive. it's better than cannibal, in my opinion. it doesn't beat you over the head with a moral, either. it's classic cinema verité. by the way, if you thought the turtle scene was sick, there's a scene with an alligator that is torture to watch. you won't root for the cannibals in this one.

Thanks for the recommendation, had actually heard of this film but didn't know anything about it. Will check it out
xxx

The last movie I saw was "The life aquatic with Steve Zissou"... That movie was so weird twisted and, well, just plain wrong, that I adored all the more.

I watched a few movies last week -

Saw - I thought this was a really good movie. The ending was kind of strange, but I didn't expect it, so it was good.

The Forgotten - it was ok, but pretty much just stupid.

Napolean Dynamite - I had to watch this one to see what the big deal was. I still don't know what the big deal is, so I guess I just wasted an hour and a half (or however long it was) of my life!

I saw My Left Foot the other night, a movie I last saw a long time ago. Daniel Day Lewis is brilliant in it. I suspect a lot of people shy away from this movie for various reasons, but I wholeheartedly recommend it. It's funny, great acting, excellent screenplay, and no car chases.

I watched "I Heart Huckabees" a couple of weeks ago. A few of the characters reminded me of some forum members here.

I thought it was hilarious. The only disappointment was that it looks like Lily Tomlin has gone the botox route and I think she should let her age shine through (though that's entirely another discussion).

the last movie i saw was Elektra, on saturday night. i like comic movies so i wanted to see this even though i heard it wasn't very good. it wasn't great, there were a few corny scenes, but it was worth the $5 it cost in the cheap theatre to see it.

for the record, Napolean's dance scene in Napolean Dynamite is the best dance scene i've ever watched.

Back