• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Last seen...

The Dead Pool

Dirty Harry movies are always fun to watch, no? This is the only one that I've seen apart from the original. Yay for seeing older movies with Eastwood and Neeson!

The Changeling. A bit disturbing but I liked it.

Yes
the boy that showed up a few years later I was crying and shocked at the same time.The way he was begging for his life in the end and him going up the stairs...that was disturbing.

Yes
the boy that showed up a few years later I was crying and shocked at the same time.The way he was begging for his life in the end and him going up the stairs...that was disturbing.

Did you know its base on a true story?

Last night Gone, Baby, Gone was on tv. Excellent movie & even better book ( Dennis Lehane).

I just had a movie night... WHEEE!!

Audition (kinda boring, but CRAZY at the end)
Funny Games (really good. It made me think)
Four Rooms (I've never loved Tim Roth more!! ^_^)

I just had a movie night... WHEEE!!

Audition (kinda boring, but CRAZY at the end)
Funny Games (really good. It made me think)
Four Rooms (I've never loved Tim Roth more!! ^_^)
I haven't seen Audition, but I've heard about the craziness. Apparently this is the one movie that makes Rob Zombie cringe. (or something like that).
Did you watch the original Funny Games or the American one? I don't know really what I made of it, don't know if I liked it or didn't like it. But it is something that I would recommend.
And Four Rooms is super awesome and funny. Roth is so quirky. Which was your favorite room? I liked the witch one. It's nice seeing Ione Skye.
---
Just finished watching Teeth a couple minutes ago for the first time. I'd been wanting to see this for a year and a half. It was freakin' hilarious! Highly recommend it. (But I personally wouldn't purchase it to own).
7.5/10

Did you watch the original Funny Games or the American one?

I watched the American one, but apparently they are almost exactly the same. Same scenes, camera angles, director. Just different actors. I'd have to watch the original, though. Here is an essay on the original Funny Games that my friend found...

Funny Games

Which was your favorite room?
Roth is one of my all-time favorite actors. My favorite room was the 3rd room with the two kids and the dead whore. Tim's face when he got stabs with the needle... priceless. ^_^

I watched the American one, but apparently they are almost exactly the same. Same scenes, camera angles, director. Just different actors. I'd have to watch the original, though. Here is an essay on the original Funny Games that my friend found...

Funny Games

Roth is one of my all-time favorite actors. My favorite room was the 3rd room with the two kids and the dead whore. Tim's face when he got stabs with the needle... priceless. ^_^
Ooh, thanks for the essay. I'll definitely check it out. I, too, had heard that the U.S. one and the original were exactly the same. After watching The Strangers, I got really interested in seeing moves like that. I want to see Ils as well.

Roth is awesome. Are you watching Lie to Me? I really wanted to watch it, it looks very interesting and it does appeal to me, however, I'm trying to do this tv show purge. A couple years ago, I had decided not to watch any new shows.
The 3rd room is definitely my second favorite. Oh... those kids. The dead whore was a fun surprise. :lol:

Ooh, thanks for the essay. I'll definitely check it out. I, too, had heard that the U.S. one and the original were exactly the same. After watching The Strangers, I got really interested in seeing moves like that. I want to see Ils as well.

Roth is awesome. Are you watching Lie to Me? I really wanted to watch it, it looks very interesting and it does appeal to me, however, I'm trying to do this tv show purge. A couple years ago, I had decided not to watch any new shows.
The 3rd room is definitely my second favorite. Oh... those kids. The dead whore was a fun surprise. :lol:

The Strangers scared me to death! All that vampire, poltergiest stuff is okay, but when it's something that could actually happen to you tonight... that gets me. When you think about it, it's just home invasion... followed by murder.

I actually just finished watching the latest episode of Lie to Me online. It's very good and not like any of the other criminal investigation shows on tv. The only thing is is that the show is very new and there isn't too much character developement yet, but that will come with time.

The Strangers scared me to death! All that vampire, poltergiest stuff is okay, but when it's something that could actually happen to you tonight... that gets me. When you think about it, it's just home invasion... followed by murder.
Well put. Yeah, my boyfriend, his sister, and I saw it in the theater. And I had never felt so uncomfortable before. It was the first time ever that I actually thought about walking out. And not because it was bad... but just because I was so uncomfortable. They did a great job at drawing things out and playing with the audience's emotions. I was just thinking,
Kill them already! Quit toying with us!
Lately though, my boyfriend and I have been watching horror movies on weekends... and I was thinking about how Satanic/demonic stuff freaks me out more. Mostly because I wouldn't know what to do in that situation. How do you kill a demon? But people. I feel like I would know how to defend myself against a person. However, the idea of home invasion is terrifying. Torture is just a horrifying thought.
---
We've been having a great time with the "Watch Instantly" feature on Netflix.com My b/f chose this movie, he had seen it before, but this was my first time. I'd heard a lot about it before, it's referenced a lot it seems in The Boondocks... and I must say that I enjoyed it. It's been awhile since I've seen a full-length anime film. It's not my favorite, but I'm glad I finally got to see it. It has some pretty cool villains.

The Orphanage

El Orfanato :star5:
Fantastic film with no cheap thrills. I can't believe that Hollywood wants to do a remake (actually, it's not really surprising :rolleyes:) - this film is perfect the way it is. Does every movie need to be in English for Americans to watch & enjoy?

Back