• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Last seen...

the last film i saw in the cinema was the amityville horror which was ok cause i scare easily, and last night i watched battle royal with i liked.

Resident Evil: Apocalypse
Very very bad movie. I think my it actually did the impossible and made me dumber than I was before.

i watched after the sunset? gosh can't even remember the title. anyway to me it was like a remake of the remake the thomas crown affair. putting thomas in a new local with a different babe. no complaints on the babe , salma hayek is lovely, loads of shots with her cleavage. but that was about it, pretty predictable plot.

Saw Pink Floyd’s The Wall. Felt narcissistic and the antagonism was simplistic but I enjoyed it, some parts were very impressive, I especially liked the first animation. I didn’t mind the music either.

Hotel Rwanda - absolutely shocking. Makes you feel ashamed about living in the Western world.

Star Wars Episode One - The Phantom Menace - Crap. Entertaining crap, though. Gonna watch Ep. Two tomorrow and Ep. Three when it comes out. I mean, it's Star Wars - you have to watch it.

Cheers

admit it. you are a whore to the media machine. i bet you've already bought merchandise. t-shirt, figurine, coffee cup?

I'm not that big a fan, to be honest - I think the essential story of the original three is good, but the effects render the films unwatchable. It's the other way around with the new ones; the effects are great, but the story is non-existent.

But you just can't not watch Star Wars.

May the f... I mean, Cheers

PS: Damn, this StormTrooper outfit makes it difficult to type.

Kungfu Hustle at cinema. I liked it. But to be honest, I doubted whether people who were raised in western culture could really understand something the movie implied. (for example, the ordinary "little" ones had something in themselves; that the music played on the ancient instrument had the power to kill, which unfolded in a way that helped people in a different culture to understand. The reason I mentioned this was that I found people laugh when the cat was slipped into halves where I guessed they might miss the point---I mean that was supposed to imply that something perilous was impending.)

Chinatown on DVD at home. I was somewhat puzzled by why some members like this one. I honestly didn't think it was that awefully good.

I think one of the reasons chinatown is considered a masterpiece, apart from the score and the stellar lineup, is because it was pretty much the first noir film where the "bad guys", noah cross and his underlings, were in such high places, it made busting them almost impossible. remember what evelyn said about her father, "he owns the police". that gave the film a really cool twist. again, I don't think anything like that had been done up until that point.

bobbyburns said:
I think one of the reasons chinatown is considered a masterpiece, apart from the score and the stellar lineup, is because it was pretty much the first noir film where the "bad guys", noah cross and his underlings, were in such high places, it made busting them almost impossible. remember what evelyn said about her father, "he owns the police". that gave the film a really cool twist. again, I don't think anything like that had been done up until that point.

I knew you would help to clarify! :D

assault on precinct 13 (the new version). it wasn't bad. i'm not usually a big action fan. is the original better?

eulogy was pretty funny, but I've seen better comic funeral films (what? it's a genre).

bobbyburns said:
you're cewl, libra6poe (if that is your real name).

That's the second infraction on the english language I've seen in the past two days, bobby. :mad: I sure as hell hope that you're attempting amusement, otherwise my interpretation of your intelligence level just went down a few notches!! ;)

The Elephant Man. This is the third movie by David Lynch I've seen and I have loved them all. I'm sure I'll have to see more by him.

the original is different, but, overall, I think it's a better film. the acting is kind of shoddy at times, but that's true for most of john carpenter's films. what more do you want, ya know? his characters tend to be very two-dimensional. that said, for a second attempt at directing, he did an awesome job with assault. the action is pretty fast paced, and the atmosphere goes from being serene to being very dark and claustrophobic. it really makes you feel a sense of impending doom. carpenter is great at that.

graydaisy said:
assault on precinct 13 (the new version). it wasn't bad. i'm not usually a big action fan. is the original better?

I saw Revenge of the Sith night before last.

I found it incredibly rewarding and a very nice surprise after Eppies 1 and 2 were so dissappointing. Can't wait to hear everyone else's thoughts.

Spoiler free: Hayden Christansen turned it around big time IMHO. Angsty still, of course, but he vanquished the titty baby image of Episode 2. I could really imagine him becoming the baddest mutha in the universe while I watched this one.

Ian McDiamard was great, duh, he was great in all of them.

But my MVP is Ewan MacGregor. He honestly made me cry with his very nice, spot on acting combo of Obi Wan and Alec Guinness as Obi Wan.

I hope all Star Wars fans are as thrilled as I was with this one!

Back