• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Last seen...

Blue Velvet. Okay movie, has a bit of a strange feeling but I guess that is some of what Lynch does. The movie probably have a lot more to it than I figured out and I think every Lynch movie has to be seen more than once to be understood.

It's been quite a long time since a movie made me cry, but Love Song for Bobby Long just did. It was great! :)

Been to see Hitch Hiker Guide the to the Galaxy today....

The verdict? It's OK. Nothing more than OK. A lot has been changed from the book. Not that I really have a problem with that. Lord of the Rings had things subtracted and added but it kept the "feeling" of the books. It had the books soul and essence. It kept the books spirit alive. HHGTTG did not do this. It came off as just another soul less Hollywood movie with some jokes in it. Just another space/action/romance. They put in a bad guy. They threw in a romance. They left out all the subtle wit and satire that made the books wonderful. It was not particularly bad, but I had hoped for so much more.

Sorry! Maybe you will like it tho. Everybody has different taste :cool:

I'll be interested in your views on it when you finally see it.

My friend has never seen them but she felt pretty much the same as me :)

I will be interested in hearing what Martin says since he is a big fan of the books! The best bits of the movie are the parts that have the actual guide. Those were the bits taken directly from the pages of the book and the most funny.

I think you won't get a lot of things as so much was left out of the book.

In the novel it tells you why towels are so useful. It's funny :) They left all that out in the movie so if you don't know the book you are just left wondering.

ok good to know, cause i did get up to pee and i thought."hello, i've missed something, what's with the towels?"
i did laugh a lot though.

Magnolia
Great movie which like most of the movies I see right now, have to be seen more than once if I'm to understand just a bit of what it has to offer. Pretty sure the raining frogs thing is somewhat biblical but I suck at religion so I can't really remember.

ladder 49. i liked it. it won't be on my top 10 list but it was a good rental. i was surprised by the ending. i really like joaquin phoenix and will watch anything with him in it. i loved him in gladiator and inventing the abbots and think i am the only person who liked the village. everyone thought it was slow but i thought it was beautiful and sad.

I was quite disappointed with this movie, really wasted my money in my opinion. I didn't read the book first, which I know was a mistake, but I don't think I would have enjoyed the book. It just wasn't the type of movie to keep my interest, even my boyfriend who loves movies like this as a general rule, was quite bored. I was just disappointed I suppose. The previews made it look like it was going to be a good movie, but I think the ONLY funny portions of the whole movie were shown in the preview, and it just made them even less funny.

Apocalypse Now.
Great movie, one of the few war movies I have seen that I actually liked. I watched the version with 49 minutes extra. I remember watching it when I was younger, and I hated it, found it to be one of the most boring movies ever. Of course that was back when I could still find some enjoyment in a Steven Segal movie. Think it's going in the right direction.

Sin City

Sin City - finally saw it this past Saturday. My boyfriend and I were trying to make sure we caught it while it was still in the theatres. We kept putting it off 'coz of school.

I thought it was an excellent translation of the graphic novel.

I thought Blade Trinity was a fun, entertaining movie.

I just found barry lyndon on dvd. it was awesome. I loved how all the scenes were lit with natural light. it was really fucking beautiful. so far I haven't seen a kubrick film I didn't like.

Back