• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Last seen...

I looked up Splinter on Netflix - remembered it was on instant play, but then I saw a recommendation for Quarantine right beside it, so I decided to watch that instead.

Quarantine - I saw the original movie [Rec] last month. This movie is exactly the same. But it was nice seeing Deb (Jennifer Carpenter) in another movie. She's a pretty good actress. 3.5/5

The Eye - eh. I was fairly entertained, I have no plans on ever seeing it again. 2/5

Clive Barker's The Plague - The only reason why I watched it was because it said Clive Barker. But you know, he has nothing to do with the movie really. 2/5

District 9 ~ the best sci fi actioner I've seen since Starship Troopers. I was really surprised by how much action there was in it, and really surprised by the touching character arc of the protagonist. They don't beat you over the head with the social commentary either. I love the fact that it's not based on a line of toys or an existing series. :star4:

There is a scene in this movie where it takes me back to The Fly,overall a very good movie and loved the ending.

Yay Netflix instant play

Secret Things - :star3:
It was definitely sexy, but the plot was lame.

Powder Blue - :star4:
I'd been wanting to watch this for awhile, but after Patrick Swayze's passing, I bumped it up on my to watch list. I really found this movie sad and endearing with tender moments. Everyone was just great in this film. And oh yeah, Jessica Biel has an amazing body.

I've been catching up on my Aussie horror.

Rogue ~ a tourist boat on a day excursion becomes a buffet for a giant croc. Lotsa fun and very well made. From the director of Wolf Creek. :star3:

Storm Warning ~ a man and a woman out for a day of fishing get stranded in a mangrove swamp after a storm and end up the prisoners of some backwoods pot growers, who have bad intentions towards them. Nasty and gruesome. :star3:

Nature's Grave ~ remake of the Aussie cult classic, Long Weekend, about a bickering couple on a weekend camping trip to a remote section of the aussie coast. Their disregard and abuse of mother nature causes her to strike back. Isn't as good as the original, but comes close. It also comes across a bit dated now as well. Directed by the guy that made Storm Warning. :star2:

Black Water ~ some people out fishing in a mangrove swamp become fodder for a croc. Much lower budget than Rogue and not as effective. :star2:

Bleach the Movie: Memories of Nobody
It was okay for an anime movie, I guess. Could have been so much better though. Fans of the series could skip the movie since there's really nothing noteworthy to see unless you are die-hard and must see everything relating to Bleach. The plot line kind of reminded me of the Yu Yu Hakusho movie in a way. Although the antagonist in that film was better developed.

Bleach the Movie: Memories of Nobody
It was okay for an anime movie, I guess. Could have been so much better though. Fans of the series could skip the movie since there's really nothing noteworthy to see unless you are die-hard and must see everything relating to Bleach. The plot line kind of reminded me of the Yu Yu Hakusho movie in a way. Although the antagonist in that film was better developed.

I haven't see the new one, but I loved the original My Bloody Valentine back in the 80's. One of the best canuck horror flix.

Back