• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Last seen...

Bronson ~ great character study of Britain's most infamous prison inmate.

:star4:

bronson_xlg.jpg

Chan-wook Park's
Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance :star2:
Lady Vengeance :star2:.5 (?)
They were ok. Entertaining for sure. Lady Vengeance was fun because it's always nice to see women in action.

Midnight Meat Train
I read the short story ages ago & have been dying to see this movie since I first heard they were adapting the story. Didn't love the main actress, but it all worked out in the end. What was Brooke Shields doing in this? Weird.
:star4:.5

Stephen King's Desperation on TV...I rewatched this, it is ok for a made for TV movie. Probably the last time I will watch this one.

Shuttle (2008)
I really liked this movie! The beginning is slow and drawn out, but when it gets good, it really gets good. Is it weird that I think the driver is kinda cute? :star4:

Big Fan
Patton Oswalt is a great actor. He really freaked me out in this. A very surprising performance.
:star4:

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief
I thought it was a good movie, but they could have made it more believable than having Percy do all that stuff after what amounted to a little more than a day of training.

Meatball Machine. Japanese body horror, think Tetsuo: Iron Man in colour and with more of a "romantic" subplot. Not too shabby even if it gets very repetitive and, obviously, weird. :star3:

Sauna. Finnish surreal horror about a bunch of 16th century soldiers who are trying to draw a new border between Sweden and Russia after a war, and stumble across an entrance to hell (or IS it?) in the middle of one of the villages they pass through. Spooky, original, and very nearly brilliant. Very much recommended to fans of Lynch and/or Fulci. :star4: +

Last night watched Japanese horror movie Apartment 1303. really terrible, even for Japanese horror movie. I also watched sci-fi movie Tarantula, from the 50s, which was also bad but still I enjoyed in a nostalgic kind of way.

My boyfriend's mother loved the book; was disappointed with the movie.

To tell you the truth,I thought it would be different.I wanted time travel in another time like the 1800's,more of a historical fiction and that is why I did not like it.

To tell you the truth,I thought it would be different.I wanted time travel in another time like the 1800's,more of a historical fiction and that is why I did not like it.
Ahh... very understandable.

I got her Niffenegger's Her Fearful Symmetry for Christmas and she said it very good. :shrug:

Back