• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Latest music purchase

Yeah. But you're from Texas, you can't help yourself.

I've always wondered, do you ride bulls to work over there?

Cheers, Martin :D

I really like what we've been referring to as "Texas country": Willie Nelson, Jerry Jeff Walker, Robert Earl Keen, Kelly Willis, Bruce and Charlie Robison. Good stuff.

Ashlea, I have a cd by Kelly Willis. It's called What I Deserve. It's excellent.

I have unfortunately lost or misplaced my copy of Red House Painters' Songs for a Blue Guitar. :( So, I'm going out at lunch to pick up a new copy. It has one of my all-time favorite songs on it called "Make Like Paper."

Anyway, I can't go into a music store and only buy one cd. Anyone have a recommendation?

i bought incubus - a crow left of the murder.
It's not really that bad, but it's not as great as morning view. *shrugs*

I was given a dvd and book set; Inside Pink Floyd: A Critical Review 1967 - 1996. Moderately interesting, in an anally retentive sort of way. (For instance, did you know that "On The Run came about as a result of Waters and Gilmour experimenting with a VCS 3 synthesiser, creating an eight-note sequence similar to the things Pete Townsend had done on Baba O'Reilly"? And, more to the point, did you care?)

To absolutely nobody's surprise, the last CD I bought was the Platinum Edition of You Are The Quarry by Morrissey. :)

I think I officially passed over from "music enthusiast" into "lame, dumb record collector" today, as I did the ultimate dork-thing.

I bought a CD only to come home and realize that I already owned it.
D'oh!
There was an inner dialog going on when I picked it up at at the store, but through some silly logic, I convinced myself.
The CD was Samla Mammas Manna's Kaka; their reunion-sorta deal from 1999. Great album, surprisingly enough, but good grief! What a dork.

Also picked up Esbjörn Svensson Trio's "Strange Place For Snow", a cheap and tawdry-looking compilation of various songs and themes by Henry Mancini, and Don Byron's Romance With The Unseen. Pretty sure I didn't have any of those from before ;)
Previous to that, I got the twofer with Slapp Happy's Casablanca Moon and Slapp Happy/Henry Cow's Desperate Straights.

As for downloading, I just got a few bootlegs, one of Hellborg, Lane & Selvaganesh in Nancy, France, and a Last Exit boot marked as 1987-07-10 (dunno which order the month and day comes in this one, but who cares) Not even Bill Laswell's presence can ruin the joy of hearing Brötzman and Sharrock together.

Well, I didn't buy it, but I received Employment by the Kaiser Chiefs for Christmas. The last CD I bought was Killers by Iron Maiden for my brother for Xmas.

Let's see, the last cd's I bought were,

Weezer: Make Believe
The Black Eyed Peas: Monkey Business
David Bowie: Greatest Hits
and Billy Joel: Greatest Hits

CDA said:
What do you reckon? New and orig? Or sad copyists?

I've only listened to the first half so far! :eek: But what I have heard, I've liked. Some of it does sound vaguely familiar, now you come to mention it... I'm now trying to think who they remind me of. Still, I'm doing my civic duty by supporting local(ish) bands. :D My favourite track out of the six I've heard is Modern Way.

Katie Melua - Piece by Piece
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Greatest Hits
Bon Jovi - Have a Nice Day

I'm getting so behind on my CD shopping. Stupid midterms!!!! Anyway, recent purchases:

1) Hot Fuss -- The Killers
2) Make Believe -- Weezer
3) Meteora -- Linkin Park (finally! :) )
4) American Idiot -- Green Day (possibly named after me!)
5) The All-American Rejects -- The All-American Rejects

Still waiting for FOB and MCR.

I've also been meaning to buy a song called "The Grace" by Neverending White Lights, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Not a lot of sites sell it, to tell the truth...

Halo said:
My favourite track out of the six I've heard is Modern Way.

After you get sick of the singles like Riot and Everyday, it's songs like Modern Way that come through. The shouting thing that they do wears a bit thin after a while IMO.

I am wondering how they can pull off a decent second LP.

Back