• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Laugh Out Loud Funny

"Hitchhiker's Guide"
"Freddy and Fredricka" by Mark Helprin
Almost anything by Christopher Moore
And my personal favorite, which I didn't see anyone else mention, anything by Tom Robbins

And my personal favorite, which I didn't see anyone else mention, anything by Tom Robbins

Glad to find another Robbins fan. He is so witty. Which is your favorite Robbins book? I have read Jitterbug Perfume and the 'Cowgirls' and I like the former.

I can't really pick a favorite. I love Another Roadside Attraction, Jitterbug Perfume, Still Life With Woodpecker, and Skinny Legs and All. Those four stand out from the others for me.

James Herriot, Gerald Durrell, Terry Pratchett and Bill Bryson have made me laugh too many times to count. James Herriot has also made me cry on a regular basis. The story of Honey, the dog with mange, makes me weep every time.

Currently reading How I Became a Famous Novelist by Steve Hely and it has me cracking up.

Sex Lives of Cannibals
Lamb

Those are funny too :)

The Divine Comedy - Dante Alighieri really such a wonderful books! try this book this will make you laugh like mad. I really enjoyed it.

I have the right book that will make you laugh

I guaranty that this book will make laugh anyone who will read it ;-)

And I'm attaching an excerpt of the first page to see it your self :whistling:

Look for "The Great Horse Ride" on the web.

Sancho Panza
Excerpt.png

Dress your Family in Corduroy and Denim and Me Talk Pretty One Day, both by David Sedaris. And there's a (very) short story in True Tales of Amercian Life called Man vs. Coat that had me laughing out loud for hours.

Have you read Holidays on Ice yet? More specifically, Santaland Diaries? You can listen to Sedaris read it here (Real Media, or equivalent, player required).

Just finishing a Terry Pratchett Disk World novel, Going Postal. Very funny as usual. These are great books to cheer you up.All of Terry Pratchett's book make me laugh. Great humour.Terrific imagination.

Just finishing a Terry Pratchett Disk World novel, Going Postal. Very funny as usual. These are great books to cheer you up.All of Terry Pratchett's book make me laugh. Great humour.Terrific imagination.

Thanks for sharing. I could use a good laugh right about now. I'm heading to the library this weekend. Which of Terry Pratchett's books should I read first?

Thanks for sharing. I could use a good laugh right about now. I'm heading to the library this weekend. Which of Terry Pratchett's books should I read first?

I would go for The Colour of Magic, then, The Light Fantastic and then Mort. These are all Disc World books, other comedy fantasy I have read by him are Truckers and Diggers.
I find them all hilarious and inventive. I'm sure you will enjoy reading him.

The Serial by Cyra McFadden was hilarious. Several of Elmore Leonard's novels have really funny dialogue, and Vonnegut's "Slapstick" had me laughing throughout.

The Dexter novels for me.Full of dark witty humor. And I'm surprised that not one Harry Dresden novel is mentioned in this thread. The funniest parts of the book are Bob's parts though.

I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell by Tucker Max
Hate Mail from Cheerleaders by Rick Reilly
Anything written by Mick Foley, especially his three autobiographies

Stealing one from the OP -- the Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger

Back