• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Left Behind (The Series)by Tim LaHaye & Jerry B. Jenkins.

Wow... not a lot to add to these posts. Just my personnel recommendation, I did really enjoy the books for awhile, but eventually I started losing interest. I agree with what many have said here, it got drawn out over far too many books.

Of course, regarding controversy, interesting comparisons to Brown. I disagree in that I think Brown is far less talented, his writing bored me to tears after one book, at least these two took... eight? I lost count. And the reason I think fewer Christians and atheists alike get so riled about its claims is that it never pretends to be something other than fiction on the same level as historical fiction, again, unlike Brown. Not that you won't run into those who believe it is divine truth, but there's one in every crowd.

Naturally, you're either fine with Christian fiction, or you're not. And I can't even contribute to the discussion on the books' politics... I confess to that discussion being out of my league. You have my thoughts.

. . .but there's one in every crowd.
Mythwriter,
You might have assumed correctly that the majority of people here might support your view, but I take exception, and I think that your remark is at least slightly indecorous with respect to some of us here. I'm sorry to see the way you choose to phrase the diversity that exists among us here.

Mythwriter,
You might have assumed correctly that the majority of people here might support your view, but I take exception, and I think that your remark is at least slightly indecorous with respect to some of us here. I'm sorry to see the way you choose to phrase the diversity that exists among us here.

I stand corrected, that was rather one-sided and prejudiced. I apologize. It is rather difficult to choose words well enough to not slight a party unintentionally in these topics, but I do try...

SPOILER-OF-SORTS-ALERT

There is an irony of sorts at play here, especially given as how Cage was 'Left Behind' by the Angelic-type beings in Knowing.

I think every bad role in every bad movie that Nic Cage has ever done (and let's face it, there's been a few) has been leading up to this. It'll be his Minimum Opus.

Apparently he's playing Rayfnord The Pilot, which means we should be looking forward to him heroically piloting a jet, moping about feeling sorry for himself a lot, asking "So, um, you're saying Jesus is someone in the Bible?", and harrassing his daughter until she stops thinking for herself. Sounds like it was written specifically for him, to be honest.

115626_lg.jpg

Does anyone here read this,I'm planning to buy all the twelve books,so I wanna make it sure that I'm not gonna waste my munny. :)

No, I refuse to read this series, sounds like total garbage to me.

Fickle Minded:

It is really very disappointing. If you wonder how anyone could make the Book of Revelations boring, you have found them in this pair of authors.
Dull storytelling.
Blah scenes.
Wooden characters.
Dimwitted dialogue.
Atrocious preaching.

And that's if you happen to like the Bible. If you don't, then it is ten times worse.

If you want to learn about the Bible, go elsewhere; anywhere else.
If you don't care for the Bible, go further.

If you do spend your money for this series you can be sure that it will be wasted.
I'm inclined to say that it might even rot your brain, but that's just an opinion.
If you do buy it, please don't tell us.

Ooops. I see I was speaking to a resurrected ancient past.
I hope the worst has not happened.

Back