• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Leprechaun Trapping 101

Leyland

Aye, it's that time of year to be sure! Are you ready for St Patrick's Day - have you got your lucky leprechaun yet? If no, then try this:

'You can make a trap with common household items. Take a net, a cardboard box, green paint, green tissue paper, some pennies and an old shoe. Firstly, paint the cardboard box green and place the old shoe inside. Cover the opening with thin green tissue paper. Carefully lay the pennies on the tissue paper.

Place the trap near some trees or hedgerows. Make sure it's disguised well and blends into the surroundings. When the Leprechaun sees the coins he will try to collect them. He will step onto the tissue paper, it will break and he will fall into the box. Now quickly throw the net over him.

You can also try to lure a leprechaun with some poteen instead of an old shoe. When he falls into the box he will drink the brew, get drunk and then you can grab him.'

www.chiff.com gets the credit for this.

Are there female leprechauns? Because I'm sure you know what I'm thinking if there are.

Nope. I'm neither Irish or Catholic, so it doesn't concern me. I take it that, like most Americans, you are ⅛ Irish? ;)

No, actually I'm mostly of English, Scots, Welsh, and wee bits of other western continental European origin in that order. Very little true Irish at all!

I just liked the clever green design of the trap, but expect that the little fellows are quite impervious to traps of any kind. Not impervious to poteen mind you.

Nope. I'm neither Irish or Catholic, so it doesn't concern me. I take it that, like most Americans, you are ⅛ Irish? ;)

HAHA! I'm not Irish, but a lowly Catholic. I'm a polack born in America. Although I feel Irish when I drink too many Guinnesses!

oh, I'm terribly sorry. I was looking for Leprechan Trapping 103. I must have stumbled into the wrong class again

Back