• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Let them eat cake by Winterly Amis

Did you enjoy 'Let Them Eat Cake' by Wnterly Amis

• No, not my type of story

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Maisie kingly

Hey Fellow Readers, just thought I'd write a review for 'let them eat cake' as I haven't seen one. I was recommended it by a friend. At first I was skeptical as I've never heard of the author before but after reading the opening pages on amazon kindle I thought I'd give it a go - It was only £0.99 - and I'm glad I did it was sooo full of suspense and the writing was really great. It's a short story so it doesn't take very long to read. It really grips your attention as you never see what's coming which is always the mark of good story telling. the tag line for the story is: 'To Begin in Revelation, to Carry on in Fear and to do in Desperation' And it's better second time round as you can see all the foreshadowing which again is the mark of good story telling, especially when its a short story. Foreshadowing, building suspense and keeping suspense is very hard to do well in short stories but Winterly Amis does it perfectly.

There are only two characters in the story, both well written and Lindsey the main main character is such a compelling character that you feel a gravitational pull towards her, you can't help but love her. All in all it's a good read, even for a journey and easy enough to read on your phone. Its a story for any time any place . I definitely recommend it! It really stops your heart and messes with the rhythm of it as any good book should!

Back