• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Let's analyze your dreams

SFG75

I have this book about the meaning of dreams. Post what you've been dreaming about and I'll let you know what your issue is.:D

*ahem*(positions self next to the couch, ready for the first angst-addled person who has an intense conflict regarding their mother to walk in and sit down..er..uh..post.)
:cool: :cool:

Ok, sounds interesting. Let me kick it off with..... hmm, not mother unfortunately ;).... skeletons?

I had this dream recently. A little weird but oh well here it is. It was supposed to be a somebody but it was picturized as a skeleton in the dream, and he/it was going to 'die' and I was crying.

So what is my issue??

For the past few months at least once a week i have dreams of water. Tidal waves crashing into cities and i need to escape. Floods where the water is rising and i need to find higher ground. Swimming in the sea and sharks are around me. Always scarey dreams, but not nightmares. I dont wake up from them but i remember them vividly when i wake up.

Ok, sounds interesting. Let me kick it off with..... hmm, not mother unfortunately ;).... skeletons?

I had this dream recently. A little weird but oh well here it is. It was supposed to be a somebody but it was picturized as a skeleton in the dream, and he/it was going to 'die' and I was crying.

So what is my issue??

(Puts fingers on forehead and channels Dr. Freud)

To see skeleton is a sign that you are ill. It could also mean that others misunderstand you or desire bad things for you(i.e.-injury, etc.) At least, that's what my handy-dandy dream book says.

SFG's specialized literature interpretation-To see a skeleton means that you need to read more Stephen King. You are hereby ordered to go out and buy the next book, or the dreams will continue. Should you see a clown in a sewer grate with a balloon and calling you "Georgie," it's too late.;) :p

For the past few months at least once a week i have dreams of water. Tidal waves crashing into cities and i need to escape. Floods where the water is rising and i need to find higher ground. Swimming in the sea and sharks are around me. Always scarey dreams, but not nightmares. I dont wake up from them but i remember them vividly when i wake up.

To dream of waves means that you are currently contemplating a major step in your life. As long as the waves are "clean" and not "dirty," then you are fine. To dream of sharks means that you have some enemies and boy, do they not like you!.

SFG's lit interpretation-The shark means that you are to read something by Peter Benchley. It could be Jaws, or it could by any other work by him. To dream of water means that you've been reading too many land-based novels. You need to set your reading interests asail by reading something by Ernest Hemingway or Jack London. I advise you to read a book by each of these fine sailors and to report back later. bon voyage!.

I recently had a dream that consisted of my finding a kitten. I held the kitten in the palm of my hand (it was very small) and because I had no milk to give it, it bit me and drank my blood instead.

I even woke up feeling pin-prickly in my hand. My bet is that I cut off circulation in the middle of a kitty-dream. ^_^

I recently had a dream that consisted of my finding a kitten. I held the kitten in the palm of my hand (it was very small) and because I had no milk to give it, it bit me and drank my blood instead.

I even woke up feeling pin-prickly in my hand. My bet is that I cut off circulation in the middle of a kitty-dream. ^_^

*Flips through the pages of his 10,000 dreams book*
Hmmm, very interesting. To dream of holding a cat/kitten denotes that someone is looking to deceive you. That you were attacked by the thing is a warning that someone, somewhere, is out to undermine you. Should you dream that you kill it or drive it from your presence, means that you've effectively averted the secret designs of whoever it is that plagues you.

SFG's lit interpretation-You need to check out spy novels, perhaps John LeCarre or something like that. At a minimum, Dan Brown would suffice.

Okay, so I have this recurring dream that I'm in an elevator. But it's out of control. It shoots up so fast that I have to cling to the floor and when it goes down, I "fall" up to the ceiling. Very uncomfortable. I always try in my dreams to avoid the elevator, but I end up getting on it anyway. Good luck, Freud!

::giggles:: Thank you kindly, sir, for helping me understand my need for spy novels. I shall fix this problem immediately.

Poor kitties, though. They always get a bad reputation.

When I was a kid I would constantly dream of spiders. And falling off of buildings, slides or anything high up.

Now I only dream about horrible things happening to me. Can't really recall any specific examples though.

Okay, so I have this recurring dream that I'm in an elevator. But it's out of control. It shoots up so fast that I have to cling to the floor and when it goes down, I "fall" up to the ceiling. Very uncomfortable. I always try in my dreams to avoid the elevator, but I end up getting on it anyway. Good luck, Freud!

The elevator and the direction it's going represents how well or bad you will do financially. If anything, it appears that your fortunes will fluctuate moer than be stable. Don't worry though, the absolute worst thing is to just see the elevator at a standstill in front of you-that's not good.

SFG's lit interpretation-You need to diversify your book buying. Buy some brand new spankin' books along with used books. You are evidently going to the library or skimping out in some way. You need a good balance between the new and the old. Go out and buy a nice, shining, brand new book!.:D

I don't know if you'll be able to analyze my dreams there just too weird. For example: Last week I had a dream about some transformers going though a stargate to another dimension. Why the heck would I have that dream?

(Puts fingers on forehead and channels Dr. Freud)

To see skeleton is a sign that you are ill. It could also mean that others misunderstand you or desire bad things for you(i.e.-injury, etc.) At least, that's what my handy-dandy dream book says.

SFG's specialized literature interpretation-To see a skeleton means that you need to read more Stephen King. You are hereby ordered to go out and buy the next book, or the dreams will continue. Should you see a clown in a sewer grate with a balloon and calling you "Georgie," it's too late.;) :p

I have to admit I've not read any Stephen King's novels as yet. But now I'm obliged to. So...

To be explored: Stephen King it is! :D

When I was a kid I would constantly dream of spiders. And falling off of buildings, slides or anything high up.

Now I only dream about horrible things happening to me. Can't really recall any specific examples though.

Hmmmm, very interesting.

To see spiders means that you will be calculating and cunnning in regards to success. You will also be quite successful as a result of it. To dream of falling means that you will go through an intense struggle, but that you will be successful in the end. The fall didn't end with you being injured did it? If so, it means that the struggle got the best of you. Perhaps you flunked a spelling test that you were nervous about when you were younger, etc...

SFG's literature interpretation-You need to find some fiction or non-fiction relating to the natural world. Something like Arachnophobia or Jurassic Park. On a non-fiction level, subscribe to National Geographic or visit the zoo with friends.

To be explored: Stephen King it is! :D

You are well on your way to psychoanalytic well-adjustment and well-being.:)

Kuroc:

I don't know if you'll be able to analyze my dreams there just too weird. For example: Last week I had a dream about some transformers going though a stargate to another dimension. Why the heck would I have that dream?

This was a challenging one as "transformers" isn't among the listings in my book. By transformers I assume that you are speaking of the popular toys that change appearance? Like Optimus Prime?

Yours is very similar to Claybugg's. To see machinery of some type means that you will undergo a trail that will cause you some great anxiety. Do you have anything that you are currently transitioning to? Perhaps school or work? As long as you don't see antique machinery, you're set.

SFG's lit. interpretation--The transformers/machinery image means that you need to read something along the lines of the Gilded Age in America. I recommend non-fiction works on Rockefeller or DuPont. For fiction, check out E.L. Doctorow's Ragtime. After a book or tow, you should no longer be plagued by transformers/machinery in your dreams.

I had a nightmare last night that scared the shit out of me. I was going out with this countrywoman. We fell in love and got married. Everything was great until she started acting strange. She would have violent tantrums and threaten me with knives. Most of time she was sane and very pleasant though.

One day we visited her parents and I noticed the same behavior in her father. It turned out that he was a serial killer looking for his next victim. I was that victim. My wife, now in her crazed self, and her insane father grabbed me and carried me down to the basement where I saw cutting implements and such...then...I woke up in a cold sweat. :eek:

I had a nightmare last night that scared the shit out of me. I was going out with this countrywoman. We fell in love and got married. Everything was great until she started acting strange. She would have violent tantrums and threaten me with knives. Most of time she was sane and very pleasant though.

One day we visited her parents and I noticed the same behavior in her father. It turned out that he was a serial killer looking for his next victim. I was that victim. My wife, now in her crazed self, and her insane father grabbed me and carried me down to the basement where I saw cutting implements and such...then...I woke up in a cold sweat. :eek:

Torture is an interesting item. Essentially, someone you know is plotting to undermine you and well, you are to be deceived. Perhaps you bought a new shoe, car, or even book from someone whom you trust. If she's blonde, the situation is going to end well with your happiness. Otherwise, it won't end well for you.

SFG's lit interpretation-It's time to shake things up!. Read something really "out there." You need a hair-rising book, something like a Palahniuk novel or some weird torture writing along the lines of Hostel. If you are a writer, it might not hurt to attempt to incorporate the macabre into your current work. Perhaps an opening scene where the lead character is thinking to themselves and then jarred out of their concentration when they hit a fluffy poodle. Just a suggestion, I have the creativity of a rock. You figure it out, just make it shocking.

Back