• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Look what I bought!

Martin

As you may or may not know, I recently wrecked my car. So, I had to buy a new one...

Lo and behold, and marvel at what I bought:

mini.jpg

Is that cool, or is that cool?!

Cheers, Martin :D

That rules, except for the size. Someone here at school owns one that is light blue and it is dwarfed by all the other vehicles.

I shouldn't have been so abrupt in my 1st post. One thing I do like about it is it has personality. Most of the newer cars out today all look about the same to me and I don't want anything to do with them.
BUT, there's no way I can see myself driving it. That's why I drive a Corvette. (it compensates for my spork)

RaVeN

Each to his own, right?

Anyway, thanks, Chewbecca, Lies and Ashlea (and to the latter; I'll try not to wreck it!)

Anyway, thanks, Chewbecca, Lies and Ashlea (and to the latter; I'll try not to wreck it!)
The latter meaning the latter in the short list there; Ashlea.

Thanks, I feel much better now. For a second there I felt as ignored as a fart in a packed elevator.

RaVeN

I bought a rare time magazine from 1961 with j.d. salinger's picture on the cover (f.y.o. he sued everyone who ever printed his picture without permission). I'm going to frame it and put it above my dirty laundry pile.

bobbyburns said:
I bought a rare time magazine from 1961 with j.d. salinger's picture on the cover (f.y.o. he sued everyone who ever printed his picture without permission). I'm going to frame it and put it above my dirty laundry pile.

What's that got to do with Martin's Mini? :confused:

Oh my! It's cute as the dickens! :D I may just have to go out and roll my dumb ol van so's I can get me a mini. I LOVE em!

FAB! They are good cars :) I would buy one myself if I could not get hold of those new VW's :)

Tell me, do you have any urge to pull a bank job???

Regards
Sillywabbit

Um...mini is teeny tiny scale model type of car.
Martin is huge tall lanky man.

How does that work?

Martin...do your knees sit beside your ears whilst driving? :D

Mxx

Martin, love the car - very cute!

I'd be afraid to drive it on the freeways around here. Too many huge semis that would just suck it under. But it would be great for toodling around town.

Ell

murphyz said:

How does that work?

Martin...do your knees sit beside your ears whilst driving? :D

Mxx

Don't listen to them, Martin - I love the car, Martin! :D

In Denmark we call it a Mascot. :cool:

My sister-in-law used to have one, back in the seventies. And it isn't that small! I know for a fact, at you can fit two huge New Foundland dogs into it!!! ;) So there....

Good luck with it, - a please don't wreck it!

Hobitten

By the way, I love the white stripes. Makes it look kinda snappy. :D

Thanks all!!

I have had a Mini before, a red one, but that one just slowly died on me. After that I bought the ugliest car ever, an Opel (that's Vaughall in English I believe), and, well, I wrecked it. Took that as a hint that I shouldn't buy ugly cars anymore, and went back to my first love, the Mini.

hobitten:
By the way, I love the white stripes. Makes it look kinda snappy.
Doesn't it!! I just love the colours. As I said, my previous one was red, and, well, quite boring actually (aside from the fact that it was the coolest car that ever lived, of course), but these colours simply rule bigtime!

Ell:
I'd be afraid to drive it on the freeways around here. Too many huge semis that would just suck it under. But it would be great for toodling around town.
Driving on the freeways is the best part. Believe me when I say that when you drive 60 miles an hour in a Mini, it feels like friggin' 600 miles an hour! It's fantastic!!

Murphyz:

How does that work?

Martin...do your knees sit beside your ears whilst driving?
It's remarkably comfortable, actually. I'm about 6'5" (and not at all lanky, I might add), and I fit perfectly. Drove myself (and my girlfriend, along with a shitload of luggage) to the south of France in my previous Mini 3 years ago, and that's a 1000 miles both ways. No sweat.

Wabbit:
Tell me, do you have any urge to pull a bank job?
Yeah, as soon as Charlize Theron's in! Can't pull it off without her, right?

corythosaurus:
Is it pedal powered or wind-up?
Yeah. Funny. ;)

Thanks all, a friend of mine (who actually knows something about cars) is gonna check it out today, so I'll be driving it tonight or tomorrow!

Cheers, (a happy) Martin :D

Back