• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Looking for a great sci-fi space book

FragMonkey

Just yesterday I watched the comedy show called Futurama. It is essentially a workplace sitcom that revolves around the activities and adventures of the employees of the Planet Express delivery company as they travel through space transporting goods.

Now this made me feel all warm and cuddly inside, and I was looking for a sci-fi book about a person or group of people who travel space like in the show, but on a much more serious tone. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

First thing that comes to mind would be to check out the Star Trek series. The shows might be over, but there's enough novels to last a lifetime.

Well actually I was hoping for something other than Star Trek, or something relatively unknown, as I somehow never really got into the Star Trek series.

Just discovered a guy called Allan Steele,read "Coyote"and found it really good,it's a trilogie.try it,classic space trip,planet discovery story.

Alastair Reynolds - Revelation Space. It's not parcel delivery, but it is grown up and it is in space. If you like that then he has plenty of others for you to read.

Robert Reed - Marrow. An abandoned space ship is found and turned into a cruise liner making round trips of the galaxy. The time scales involved are epic.

Iain M Banks - The Algebraist. Not really what you're after as the travel is mostly within a gas giant, but it's Iain M Banks and quite frankly anyone interested in sci fi should read at least one of his books.

Alastair Reynolds - Revelation Space. It's not parcel delivery, but it is grown up and it is in space. If you like that then he has plenty of others for you to read.

Robert Reed - Marrow. An abandoned space ship is found and turned into a cruise liner making round trips of the galaxy. The time scales involved are epic.

Iain M Banks - The Algebraist. Not really what you're after as the travel is mostly within a gas giant, but it's Iain M Banks and quite frankly anyone interested in sci fi should read at least one of his books.

Sci -fi? boring! I thought you liked pirates Litany?

Back