• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

LOST-anyone watching?

My husband and I have been watching this since the beginning. I have mixed feelings about the show. I enjoy watching it and we always tune in, but it seems like it just isn't going anywhere. It's almost as if they only wrote the script for the first few episodes and are scrambling to come up with material. There are too many things that just don't make sense... Why is it that Hurley seems to be getting bigger, where is he getting all the food?, What ever happened to the beast or whatever it was out in the jungle? When will they show us what the old guy and that kid found several weeks ago? Is she ever gonna have that baby? Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy watching it. It just seems like it's spinning in circles.

- of course this is just my 2 cents!

toonmom-you've got a point, I've been waiting for that girl to have that baby too, but you have to remember, although we've been watching for months, each episode is a day in their lives. I read an article where they said that Hurley, the fat guy, isn't losing weight precisely for this reason. I've been wondering why they haven't explored the whole island, walking on the beach-I saw a movie once, where people thought they were on a deserted island and then after a long time and hardships, went to the other side and found it was a resort!

I want more of the polar bears! I miss that roaring that scared them the first few episodes. I wanted there to be a dinosaur or something.

toonmom said:
My husband and I have been watching this since the beginning. I have mixed feelings about the show. I enjoy watching it and we always tune in, but it seems like it just isn't going anywhere. It's almost as if they only wrote the script for the first few episodes and are scrambling to come up with material. There are too many things that just don't make sense... Why is it that Hurley seems to be getting bigger, where is he getting all the food?, What ever happened to the beast or whatever it was out in the jungle? When will they show us what the old guy and that kid found several weeks ago? Is she ever gonna have that baby? Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy watching it. It just seems like it's spinning in circles.

- of course this is just my 2 cents!

The show sounded like it had a really good premise behind it. I haven't seen for the reason you stated Toonmum. It just sounded like they had no where to go with the show.

I've seen every episode so far and I'm getting sick of the back stories! They need to move on with the island mystery. I'm starting to get the impression that all of the characters were linked somehow before the crash, e.g., Sawyer met the dr's dad, Hurley owned the box company that Locke worked for, etc.

I've been imagining how this show came about. I think a bunch of writers were sick of reality shows like Survivor and said to themselves, 'We'll show them, we can write a better show about people stranded on an island!' :D

Me too!! I started watching it because I thought they were on there with dinosaurs or something. The giant polar bear was ok too though. I want more of that!

You make a good point... Why do they have to explore through the jungle? Why not just go around the beach where it's safe?

They have been on the island for over a month now, should Hurley have lost some weight?

After last weeks episode, I also thought they are going to be connected somehow. I thought it had something to do with the numbers! They seem to just keep adding stupid twists that really go nowhere.

i've been watching the show since day 1 and i love it. i believe the reason we've seen so many episodes focusing on the character's pasts is because the writers are trying to establish that the passengers did not just crash on the island- they were sent there. there is something special about the island and in almost every episode delving into a person's past you see an element to their past that connects them with the island. it was most obvious in Claire's story, when the psychic foresaw the fate of her child and bought her the ticket for that flight. is was apparent he knew that she and her baby needed to be there. hurley was called there by his lotto numbers etc... i think each person's past is essential in establishing who they will be on the island.

also, if they just headed straight into telling the story of what is on the island, they couldn't stretch that into enough episodes to fill more than 2 seasons. unless they turned it into some sort of gilligan's island or peter benchley's amazon

Just recently watched the first episode, and it was ok, nothing special. The only reason for which I will continue watching is to find out what the 'thing' is.

Cheers

Back