• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Lovecraft vs King vs Koontz

Whose monster would win?

• Total voters

sparkchaser

Administrator and Stuntman
Staff member
Yeah, you read me right. I went there.

Whose monstrous creations would triumph mano a mano [a mano]?

I say Cthulhu > all although Stewart, Destroyer of Horror Threads is a close second.

Lovecraft's. Hell, apart from the fact that Cthulhu owns everybody's ass, half of King's monsters are updates of Lovecraft's. And the other half are far too human to win in a monster vs monster fight.

Me too. I don't have to actually know anything and no one goes without food or shelter if I vote wrong:cool:

Actually, can I change my vote? I wasn't thinking.. Stewart only destroyed a Thread..not yarn. I don't crochet with thread, so I'm not scared after all:p

No contest here. Many of Lovecraft's "monsters" are basically GODS.

The only one who might have stood a chance would be It, because it is supposedly something that has been around since the dawn of time, so may be some sort of god itself. However, the way It is written shows him to be much more vulnerable, given that the humans were actually capable of subduing it (not saying that's a bad thing, It is one of my favorite horror novels).

Lovecraft - the best at making you feel you are alone in a strange universe

King - the best at creating settings that pull you in and leave you with that certain feeling of Stephen King atmosphere

Koontz - best at keepng you reading with fast paced interesting thrillers

Stewart - havent checked him out yet but I will if you guys put him on the level of these other guys

Back