• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Mazzy Star.

Wabbit

I have been listening to my 3 Mazzy Star albums. This stuff is SO good :) Maybe none of you have heard of her. I don't think she ever really made it big.

Anybody else heard of her and love her too??? :D

Regards
SillyWabbit

I have heard of her. She is okay, nothing special for me though. I wouldn't switch it off if it came on the radio, but I don't think I would willingly put it on either.

Personally i prefer Mazzy Fentan ;) (and if anyone gets the reference then im going to go hide down a hole!!)

Phil :D

You mean this Mazzy Star?

mazzy.jpg

Isn't she a bit young for you, Wabbit?

Cheers, Martin :D

Mazzy Star is actually two people: the guitarist (whose name I can't recall) and Hope Sandoval (whose name, funnily enough, I can remember).

I've got all their albums.

Hope sang on a Jesus & Mary Chain song at the tail end of the 90s and I believe she has a solo album or two out also.

Yes Martin, that is her!

Hope Sandoval is a babe :D No, she is not too young for me! And if she ever met me, she would fall madly in love with me! She wants me. Yes! She wants me!

hope6.jpg

Yes... *drifts into dream world*

Regards
Sillywabbit

I like Mazzy Star a lot, especially for my quieter activities, like reading, painting or just looking out my window. I have to listen to music when I go to sleep and Mazzy Star is often on at bedtime, as well.

I also love Mazzy Star, but it is yet another thing I have to listen to alone because nobody else likes her.

YAY! Another Mazzy Star fan! :D

Ronny said:
I like Mazzy Star a lot, especially for my quieter activities, like reading, painting or just looking out my window. I have to listen to music when I go to sleep and Mazzy Star is often on at bedtime, as well.

yay, another Mazzy star fan! Yes, she is good for those kinds of things. I didn't know you painted. What kinds of things do you paint? :)

This is what I'm loving about this forum, I keep reading about things that Ive never heard of, and want to check out...I'll definitely have a listen.
Don't suppose anyone here remembers Joni Mitchell? :eek:

Well for money, I do murals (usually cartoons, sometimes landscapes), I refinish or paint furniture and for myself usually more odd things, lately instead of keeping a dream journal, I have a sketch pad by my bed and I try painting things from my dreams.

Fade Into You is a FANTASTIC song! I like listening to Mazzy when it's dark out and I can see the stars... comfort music.

Back