• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

More Good, Random Fun

ValkyrieRaven88

So...the old Randomness! Yay! thread has sunk into the depths of oblivion, and I feel the need to say...

...I could really use some pancakes and blueberry muffins right now.:(

And of course, this knowledge has required the starting of a whole new thread! Let's fill it quickly with random, meaningless chat! Yay!

I just made Belgian Waffles and watched the Sarah Silverman Program. I'm about to watch the Colbert Report, after which I will read one chapter each of A People's History of the United States by Howard Zinn and Anarchism and Other Essays by Emma Goldman.

I like Colbert Report! But you can only take so much of those fake news programs...

I am reading Antony and Cleopatra. It's really not Shakespeare's best play, to be quite honest.

I'm very glad it is Friday. I've had like the most stressful school week in a very long time. I'm gonna relax all weekend.

Me, too. Vesp and his girlfriend and I are all going to the mall, and the rest of the time I'm going to laze about as usual. And I'm taking a highlighter to one of my books on Egypt. I love highlighters.

I woke up and didn't want to go to school this morning. I need a break really bad but I can only miss a certain number of days--three, I believe--and I'm taking two field trips, which means I can really only miss one day. I wanted to play sick so bad, but I just kept thinking, what if I really am sick one day? So I got up and went to school. It saddened me.

I mentioned Vesp earlier...I wonder when he's going to show up here. A randomness thread would be no good without him.

You can only miss one day of school?! I'd never make it. I'm always taking breaks here and there. Yay for irresponsibility.

Yay indeed but I do not want to be forced to take my finals. Because finals SUCK.

I'm on the phone with Vesp, and he says: "Hi. Actually that's not what he says. He says he's going into a rant and then he... *randomly starts singing* Oh, doctor, doctor..."

Um....yeah....VESP! MY EARS ARE BLEEDING!

I have just had a heart to heart with my boyf about moving in together. He wants to move out of town and i want to stay in the city for at least another year until i graduate. It ended in myself admitting i was thinking of leaving him, then it was a crying match. Pent up emotions anyone.....

I have class tomorrow. Its the 2nd semester for 3rd year and i am bored already. My lecturer isnt happy with my choice of dissertation topic so i say feck off lecturer woman and i hope you are eaten by a frog and oozed out as poison....i have a creme egg to eat but its half 12 and il feel sick if i eat it...i had a fish pie tonight....it was nice and i dont even like fish...

Fish fart just like humans...its wierd.

I just made Belgian Waffles and watched the Sarah Silverman Program. I'm about to watch the Colbert Report, after which I will read one chapter each of A People's History of the United States by Howard Zinn and Anarchism and Other Essays by Emma Goldman.

Have you read Emma Goldman's Living My Life?

I am hungry. My feet is crusted with farm crud, but I live in the city.

My roommate's fish tank water filter sounds like someone urinating in a never ending release.

I am contemplating staying awake 24 hours straight.

Odds are that I will trick myself into lying down for just a few minutes and fall asleep (again) into failure.

I have attempted to bypass sleep many times in the last year.

And I have only been successful at least twice.

Emma Goldman, The Censored Hero of Our Times

Not yet, but it's on my to-be-read list.She's so amazing. =O

The parallels between what was happening in her time, her criticisms of it, and our time are almost too goddamn uncanny. One of my favorite quotes by her is "If voting actually did anything, they'd make it illegal." :)

i want chocolate cake
Wish granted.
SundayBestCakeD.jpg

Now be sure to share with the rest of us...

I wouldn't.

Hi everybody! WooooOooo!

OMG, in my chemistry class, there's a joke about how muffins should like rule the world and how bran muffins are like emo and hate life and stuff. Anyways, we've been talking about having a muffin party for our table where we eat lots and lots of muffins and today we did. I got a blueberry muffin and it was good. But the person, Denise, who like loves muffins almost as much as I do, was absent today and didn't get any muffins. T_T

My third hour biology class won a pizza party yesterday. *I sound like I'm in like fourth grade*

The world is incomplete without me, or at least this puny cyberspace one.

If life gives you lemons, squeeze them in Valkyrie's eyes! :D

I don't sing THAT bad chorus girl. Geez.

I really want another muffin.

It snowed like five inches here during school and people got pulled out early and it was awesome. I played in it like a little kid for like two hours until my butt when numb. Then I came inside and decided, "Hey, I wanna finish part of my English project. So I did, and then I got on the forum and started talking about muffins and how they should rule the world.

School sucks and so does first lunch. I wish that I had second lunch with all my friends instead of the no ones in mine. T_T

I had tuna casserole for dinner. It was slightly disgusting. Oh, I think I just threw up a little.

I'm going to the school dance on Saturday. Yay.

Randomness is fun.

We're playing badminton in P.E. today and my partner and I lost all three games. You wanna know what's funny...we've played all five games this week, but we've played it on the same court on the same side and we've lost by one point to every team.

I wore my new contacts to school today. My glasses sucked. And people said that they thought that I had brown eyes instead of my blue and never noticed the blue until now.

Sad note. My grandma's in the hospital. We dunno what's wrong though. She couldn't breathe and had a O2 level of 80, which should be 95 or higher.

Good note. I got Fall Out Boy's new CD.

Better note. I skipped a line for no apparent reason.

Never heard of 'em.

Never heard of the Fallout Boys, but I am not exactly tuned well to pop culture, hollywood, or any corporatized "rebellion" culture.

I was recently turned on to "Against Me!" They make me feel happy and fuzzy inside.

Never heard of Fall Out Boy? Oh, well. Not everyone's into the alternative rock subculture-y thingy. But personally my favorites are 'AFI', 'Dance Gavin Dance', 'Drop Dead, Gorgeous', 'The Used', 'The Academy Is...', and 'Aiden', but Fall Out Boy is up in there. A lot of guys don't like them because they're a "Chick band" or something like that. I don't care. They're still pretty good.

I've never heard of Against Me! what are they like???? :D

I'm not in school today because we got a snow day. Hooray.

Against Me!

I guess you can call it "folk punk"?

See http://www.myspace.com/againstme (Check out: Reinventing Axl Rose)

Its lyrics: http://www.completealbumlyrics.com/lyric/85920/Against+Me+-+Reinventing+Axl+Rose.html

Good stuff. I love intelligent, witty bands that sing more than just about puppy love, sex, and broken hearts. :)

Copy and pasted the lyrics, why the hell not, listen to the music too:

We want a band that plays loud and hard every night
That doesn't care how many people are counted at the door
That would travel one million miles
and ask for nothing more than a plate of food and a place to rest

They'd strike chords that cut like a knife
It would mean so much more than t-shirts or a ticket stub
They'd stop at nothing short of a massacre
Everyone would leave with the memory that there was no place else in the world
And this was where they always belonged

We would dance like no one was watching
With one fist in the air