• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Most Interesting Thing You've Eaten

direstraits

What's the most "interesting" thing you've eaten? It could be Fear Factor stuff, or just something that's common where you're from, but not so common everywhere else.

I just had frog legs. Which isn't really interesting to me, but maybe it's something that you've never thought of having before. Try it - it tastes like chicken.

ds

I one tried cowtongue, didn't really like it and stoped eating when I was told what it was.

Can't really remember what it tasted like, I only remember that it was very tough. Didn't taste like chicken though.

the most interesting thing i've ever eaten was bananabread!! i've never had it before and it was quite good!! but still strange to me!! :D

A common dish here is black pudding which have the main ingredients blood and flour. The Swedish name is in fact "blodpudding" which translates to "blood pudding" in english. It can be quite good with raspberry jam. The traditional jam is lingonberry jam but I'm not much for it. It's not really Fear Factor stuff but I'm guessing that it's not too common outside Scandinavia and the UK. Jews wouldn't fancy it because of the belief that part of the soul is in the blood or something like that.

I tried bear sausage once and it's probably one of the best things I've tasted.

Has anyone tried dolphin and not just part of them in tuna? I imagine that they're tasty.

Wolhay said:
A common dish here is black pudding which have the main ingredients blood and flour. The Swedish name is in fact "blodpudding" which translates to "blood pudding" in english. It can be quite good with raspberry jam. The traditional jam is lingonberry jam but I'm not much for it. It's not really Fear Factor stuff but I'm guessing that it's not too common outside Scandinavia and the UK. Jews wouldn't fancy it because of the belief that part of the soul is in the blood or something like that.

I tried bear sausage once and it's probably one of the best things I've tasted.

Has anyone tried dolphin and not just part of them in tuna? I imagine that they're tasty.

I love black pudding as part of a fry-up, but never heard of having it with raspberry jam :confused: I've not tried dolphin but had shark recently and was told it's quite similar; didn't taste of much but had a really slippery texture I wasn't too keen on. Had ostrich too and that's quite nice....

for now, it would be these...(not in this order either).

trimspa x32
hair spray by accident
some cookie at a party that made me high, this was a month ago

When I was small I used to sit in the hyacinth tree behind the house and eat the flowerbuds until I felt sick. I pretended they were special nuts no one else knew about. I can still taste the green flavor and feel a little sick.

I'm assuming that swallowing counts?

Bad tastes I have had: English kidney pie, sweetbreads (veal brains). fatty meat. pizza in France with fatty lardons under the cheese, some particular Korean dishes that have a rotten, fermented taste, Nyquil (shiver).

Depends a little on how you look at it, but my contenders would be:
- Pickled pig tongue (at one time I really liked it)
- Whole baby squid (delicious sauteed in butter, but then all you taste is butter)
- Scrapple - a regional dish consisting mostly of little bits of pork (usually from the feet, head, etc.) mixed with cornmeal and congealed in a sort of pork-fat gelatin. (Just the smell of this stuff frying, now, makes me physically ill.)

Wallaby, eel, emu (yuck!), crocodile and alligator (YUM!). Never had dolphin. I tend to anthropomorphasise (sp?) animals. I had rabbit once and was distressed. Morton Bay bugs were... interesting. Oh and I've had chocolate covered ants.

Does swallowing the worm in tequila count?

Lengua (beef tongue) tastes like slightly sweet beef, tripas de leche (calves’ intestines), blood sausage, grape leaves, bison, venison, shark, menudo (hominy corn and beef tripe stew), goat, litchi, strawberry tree fruit (arbutus unedo), goose liver pate...

Almost everything of the pig can be eaten - intestines, liver, etc.

People, I'm talking along the lines of snakes, rabbits, grasshoppers, birds, tortoise, turtles, scorpions and others. Anyone tried those?

Bugs and worm - Bravo Geenh! :)

ds

I've had alligator. It was OK. Sort of fishy.

Here, of course, we have access to many Cajun delicacies: boudin, okra, crawfish. MMM.

Ashlea, then I assume you've had catfish too?

As a young kid I had it fried when I would visit my grandparents in South Carolina. Perhaps the greatest tasting fish I've ever tasted.

Have not had it in probably 25+ years, but I always think about it when I see fish on a menu.

Some people would never think to eat catfish, but boy they sure knew how to cook it in the south. Along with cornbread....ummmmmm

I have eaten quite a number of strange things.

The list so far! :D

Snails
Cow stomach stew
Blood budding
Animal guts roasted on a stick
Haggis :p
Lamb brains deep fried in batter with lemon
Ostrich
Testicles
Alligator
Frogs legs

Not bad... need to try more strange things :D

"Testicles"

Umm...would you care to elaborate a bit?

You didn't really think nobody would ask did you?

I am, by far, very sheltered I fear.

Back