• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Most popular words in the english language

London is 242, while whole England is 398. Shouldn't it be the other way round?

Mr. Wabbit falls victim to his own ranting, which on its own caused London to rise above England on the list...splendid!

Irene Wilde

Gah my name came out at 13376 :rolleyes:
Phil was 4371 :)

They didn't have Antidisestablishmentarianism :p

I was talking about this with some friends yesterday:

Ashlea said:
Interesting: "he" is #15, "she" is #30, but "him" is 60, while "her" is 36. "His" is 27, "Hers" is 3613.

So, are subjects more likely to be male, objects female? Are men more likely to own something?

One brought up a good point, thinking grammatically:
"His" is used in two ways:
1) As a possessive adjective (the feminine form is “her”).
2) As a predicate with an intransitive verb (the feminine form is “hers”).

So "his" is used more often than "hers" because it is also used as the masculine of "her" sometimes

Themistocles said:
I know, I was quite angry that it was such a pathetic word.

LOL. Maybe we could "refashion" the results?

Bush is 2629 and Kerry only 14903 (closely followed by #14904, "burglars").

Scary.

Halo was a rather poor 22,341, whilst Julie did much better at 5,523. And yes, I too looked up the odd swear word - the f word is number 5598! :)

lies said:
LOL. Maybe we could "refashion" the results?

Bush is 2629 and Kerry only 14903 (closely followed by #14904, "burglars").

Scary.

Yes, refashion them with my 1337 |-|4><><0r1ng m4d5k1ll5... ¬_¬

As for the second point remember that 'bush' is quite common as an actual word (as in plant) as well as a name.

Carl 6734 That's me
Carlos 9782 That's me online

maybe female terms are more popular as objects because there are more male writers, are there? And males will look at women as possesions, as do females. My wife, my husband. Although with current divorce rates it should read 'my wife /husband at this moment in time'. Even after a divorce they are still described as a possession. 'my ex'.

**** is 5598, no fucking way is **** that fucking low on this fucked up word count site, it's un-fucking-believable. In my opinion :)

Could not find the 18 plus sign, please edit if this offends oh moderator of this forum.

Edit I put the scentance in white text, just highlight if you care to read. cou;ld not find the spoiler setting

Carlos said:
Could not find the 18 plus sign, please edit if this offends oh moderator of this forum.

Edit I put the scentance in white text, just highlight if you care to read. cou;ld not find the spoiler setting

LMAO! I totally agree with your white text.

Themistocles said:
Yes, refashion them with my 1337 |-|4><><0r1ng m4d5k1ll5... ¬_¬

As for the second point remember that 'bush' is quite common as an actual word (as in plant) as well as a name.
Well, LOL, yes. I'm not fluent in l337 speak, but I'm still with you -- for now.

And bush... Is it only common as an actual word as in plant? :p

Back