• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Motokid: an idea for "Alter-Ego-Contest"

There has been a discussion on luck of contests in this forum, and Motokid has suggested to bring them back...

So here is what I thought to propose: There has been a whole new literature Genre born in B&R (see examples below) - it will be pity to loose it forever... I laughed so much when I was reading what people were writing here!

What do you think about a contest, in which the members will write short stories (not longer than 15 lines or so) in this very genre, and then we'll choose the winner?

Motokid, you understend in contests the best (probably - I got this idea because you have been pushing this subject forwards so much!) - may be you can tell what the exact rules should be. One rule would probably to write in a bizzare English, the other one would be to choose a known personality and to change his/her history :D

Below, is the examples of the new literature Genre born in B&R

I very much with teh dislikeing of Mark Tawain because he is BURGLAR. Him never writing single book his very self. While young man Mark Tween travel in Europe and having to hide from army (because he spiing and would have development arrested if catched) he find library with book of GEORG STIERNHIELM "Finnen Hucklabärry & Tomas Sajersson" of stories of slavvry in south Sweden written hundreds revolutions around the sun earlier. Mark Taen steal all books (becuz he unnerstand a little Danish) and distroying them and publish as his own and get heap big monetary. But in 20th century, Sewdish scholar reading books and finding referees to Copanhagen and Stockholm see and regret being journalist of Mark Waint. I believe he is not journalist. I belileve he big nothing.

I are right, becuz I is most reacted guy.

I dicagre. Mark Twene waz a journalict in Nevada. I whent to the towne and newz office that he worced in. Did you now that he was an avid sigar cmoker? He would have about a dogzen a day, usually your smaller pettite corona kindz. He alco wrote kwite abit in beb. I meen, the guy would just right and right and right, in beb.

Let me tell a story about Newton. By the way, I saw this story on "Calan Bati" on Ibrahim Refik's book when I was in Istanbul for a camping in Sciences Academy Bilgi University. I'll say in English, not in Turkish.
"... He moved to Herat, and then to Alexandria (note: he was moving because he was a robbery and would be arrested if he was cought). He got realized by the Alexandria police and run to a Public Library of Offical Empery Management. There he probably looked to the books, he was able to do that because he knew Mathematics a little. Then he found a book some tables in it and he assumed it was an Astronomy book. In the book, there was a table based on the Sina K.'s theories and that table showed the changes in the Rabbel duzi balance of the Sun System and even Greater. But the table was for Alexandria coordinates. Isaac Newton stole it and found all the copies (he has been assuming he had found all the copies) and destroyed them. He didn't know the book had been prepared for Alexandria city only. He brought it to England and showed to King and get 'sir' but in twentieth century, Persians realized the calculations have an odd falses and researched it, then they found those belonged to Alexandria city. They kept researching and found a copy of the original book and then started to regret the 'sir' of Newton.

A variation would be invented stories about how the classics came to me, like the account of Mark Twain stealing Huck Finn from the Danes. But in standard English, please! The other stuff is so hard to read.

I, Charlotte Bronte, had an affair with that school master in Brussels. Sorry, I don't remember his name -- there were so many. After they sent me home, I wrote Jane Eyre in revenge. So that they would take me seriously I made Jane a goody-goody who refused to live with Rochester after she found he already had a wife.

Back