• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Movie Score / Soundtracks

Sapper41

What you favorite Movie Score or Soundtrack? I have a bunch of Compilation CDs from alot of different movies. I'd say ym favorites are TLOTR stuff, Gladiator, and I like Die another Day instrumental alot. I also plan on buying the master and commander Soundtrack in the ner future.

I don't really buy a lot of soundtracks, but I recently bought Kill Bill vol 1 and it's great! There's two or three songs I don't like, but the rest really rock! :) I also like the Labyrinth soundtrack by David Bowie (so it's embarrassing - I don't care. :D )

Halo said:
I don't really buy a lot of soundtracks, but I recently bought Kill Bill vol 1 and it's great! There's two or three songs I don't like, but the rest really rock! :) I also like the Labyrinth soundtrack by David Bowie (so it's embarrassing - I don't care. :D )

Labyrinth rocks! My wall calendar this year is drawings of all the goblins.

Halo said:

oh I liked the music for Kill Bill Vol.1 the only problem is the ST doesnt have all the good music from the movie. The best music for me was when lucy lu and uma started fighting in the snow, but its not on the ST. :(

I'm glad I'm not the only (adult) Labyrinth fan! :D
Very Python-esque film, with brilliant humour!

Labyrinth is just such a great combo: Jim Henson's genius, David Bowie's music, Brian Froud and Terry Jones for inspiration and humor.

Apologies for the thread jacking. :eek:

Forrest Gump, another great soundtrack. And Pulp Fiction. And the Gone with the Wind overture.

The only soundtrack I have is the one for Hedwig and the Angry Inch. I don't usually buy compilation albums, and since soundtracks are mostly compilations...

I have the Soundtrack to the original "The Italian Job" Michael Caine file classic. Matt Monroes voice is soul stirring.

I also love the soundtrack to "When Harry Met Sally"- alot of good Jazz stuff, then "Singles" The Grungy Pacific Northwest file with Matt Dillon-excellent!

And of course Star Trek 2 The Wrath of Khan- I love that sound track, alot of good emotive scores there- James Horners stuff I believe- the film was great too!

The Grosse Pointe Blank soundtrack is pretty good :)

Plus, i heard great things about the Trainspotting soundtracks when they came out!

Phil

I'm a big fan of the soundtracks for The Big Lebowski and Rushmore. Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels has a good one too. Nice Dusty Springfield tune, Spooky, which I think kind of gets a little overshadowed in the soundtrack world by Son of a Preacher Man on Pulp Fiction.

I have the Crow, which has some excellent songs on it, and the X-Files, which sounds a little sad but it has a really good Foo Fighters cover of a Gary Numan song (not making myself sound any less sad here :eek: ) and also Nick Cave with Red Right Hand and a spoken word cover of Star Me Kitten. And ok it all sounds really sad, but there are some very quirky songs on it that I enjoy.

And to complete my cycle of sadness, Labyrinth was an excellent film, though David Bowie's tights were a little unpleasant.

Oh. I also have The Full Monty. Donna Summers and Hot Chocolate. :D

Sapper41 said:
What you favorite Movie Score or Soundtrack? I have a bunch of Compilation CDs from alot of different movies. I'd say ym favorites are TLOTR stuff, Gladiator, and I like Die another Day instrumental alot. I also plan on buying the master and commander Soundtrack in the ner future.
I like Romeo and Juliet soundtrack and The Matrix soundtrack.

I love the LotR OSTs, and the Matrix soundtrack is very good indeed as well. However, some that definitely deserve a mention are Joe Hisaishi's scores for numerous Hayao Miyazaki films, especially Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away-they are absolutely beautiful.

I love soundtracks, absolutely love them.

My all-time favorite is Gladiator.

Also on my top list is LOTR, Pirates of the Caribbean, & Empire Strikes Back.

Rex -> I agree that James Horner is an excellent composer, and Star Trek II has excellent music, as do the other ST movies. He also composed the music for Titanic, which is good if you skip the Celine Dion song.

Ohhh I love the gladiator ST toooooo It's great! I need to buy the pirates or the carribean one though. Does anyone have the Master and Commander St?

Themistocles said:
Ooooh! How could I forget John Williams' Star Wars OSTs!

*Hums Mos Eisley cantina band theme*

Ah yes, the Mos Eisley cantina band...very Glenn Miller-ish. I love driving to that music. The imperial march is fun to have playing while I drive, but it tends to make me speed.

Back