• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

MP3,JukeBox or Ipod?

I can't compare models as I only have an iPod but I'm fond of it. I've never felt that the sound quality is crap either, though I've never tried a blind test with other mp3 players. I agree with Stewart that 1GB is not really enough for a 'main' player: I have about 2,500 songs on mine and like the fact that at a whim I can have any one of them playing, without ever having to go home and change the songs on it. I did buy a 1GB iPod shuffle out of sheer spendthriftness last year but hardly ever use it. It's OK for the gym I suppose.

My daughters have an mp3 player each,which is made my Creative and its the Zen Nano Plus. The sound quality is really good and i am really pleased with them! I often have a listen while doing my housework :)

Stewart said:
Only one? I've got thousands spanning all sorts of music. :)

Wabbit, 16 albums on an MP3 player sounds annoyingly crap. I don't actually have a portable MP3 player because I read whilst travelling but I wouldn't want storage that low were I to get one; the thought of having to change and rotate albums on a regular basis doesn't appeal.

Sorry, actually it's probably a LOT higher than that. I have a 1 gig player and it can hold about 500 songs. Of course it really depends on what bit rate you encode the MP3 into. I normally make them 128kb. If you encode them to WMA then you will get probably double that amount on the player.

Even if it was only 16 it's a lot. How much would you actually listen to in a day? Even if you listened to 8 hours constantly ( which you wouldn't ) then you wouldnt get through that amount of music.

You really don't change it that often ( well, I personally don't ) and when you do it takes only a few mins.

Personally, I like the iPod (got the 4GB Nano for Christmas) cause I have one. I like the fact that I can put it in my jeans pocket and go for a walk for however long the cd is and not worry about it skipping on me or carrying extra cd cases with me :p

As to how people listen to their favourite tunes, to each his own I say.:cool: Everybody has their own way and it doesn't always jive with what everybody else likes Whether you have an MP3 player of some sort (iPod or otherwise), a discman, or a turntable the important thing is that you enjoy whatever you listen to.

As for replacing the battery for one's iPod, I think it depends on how often you charge your battery up. I like to let it go down to about half to a third full before I charge it up fully and even then I don't listen to it all the time. There are other things that I like to listen to as besides my iPod.:eek:

I owned an Ipod back when they where clearly the best on the market, but thanks to a thief i know longer own one. Instead i just use my PSP.

I used to love listening to a jukebox, but when I got my Ipod 30 gig (thank you mom and dad) I wouldn't listen to anything else. Still won't.

Love it to death, but does SCRATCH! I already have a couple. >.<

I'm er, *cough*conceding and considering buying one of those things*cough* so it looks as though I'm serving myself a portion of humble pie here (But thank the lord it's on a different thread, huh). :rolleyes:

It's only because iTunes is fabulous and my mobile is just, er... not fabulous. So I need one. It's not through choice.

Hmm.

But Wabbit, 16 albums, 8 hours or whatever, is nowhere near enough music! :eek:

I've got almost that amount of music by one artist (although to be fair, she is the finest artist in the whole wide world), but still...

steffee said:
But Wabbit, 16 albums, 8 hours or whatever, is nowhere near enough music! :eek:

I've got almost that amount of music by one artist (although to be fair, she is the finest artist in the whole wide world), but still...

But, steffee, Stina Nordenstam has not made that many albums. ;)

Back