• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Multiple Personality Disorder / Multiple Forum Logins?

sirmyk

I have a strange question for all of you on this forum. Should those with multiple personalities be able to have multiple forum user accounts?

Recently my dark half (the one that writes all that horror) escaped from my psyche and signed up for an account with a user name of "not_sirmyk" and made a few postings late last night.

This morning I received my first warning for my user name "sirmyk" regarding forum etiquette, rules, laws, etc., pretty much stating that "not_sirmyk" would be elliminated. I feel my dark halve has been sentenced to death.

Does anyone have a problem with this?

with your dark half being sentenced to death, or with the fact that we are only permitted one account?
and do you really have mpd, or are you just saying you do to get 2 accounts?
(and also this thread would be best served over in general chat or the website feedback forum)

Well, I try not to let my voices escape and cause havoc!

Seriously though, sorry that we had to kill your dark half but we do have rules here. I'm sorry if you feel you have been slighted or picked on ( You haven't ) but creating multiple accounts is against our membership agreement.

jenngorham said:
with your dark half being sentenced to death, or with the fact that we are only permitted one account?
and do you really have mpd, or are you just saying you do to get 2 accounts?
(and also this thread would be best served over in general chat or the website feedback forum)

The thread has been moved!

And yes, he created another account. Users, as you know, are permitted only one account :)

One log-on/screen name per physical being. Makes perfect sense. Last thing we need is a person carrying on a conversation with themselves and adding useless posts to otherwise extremely serious, and highly intellectual threads....

yep, you're right...

thanx...and pretty damn good looking too...

you're too kind, and quite the looker yourself....

hey, how bout getting together for a beer later on this evening?

Sure. You buyin?

Yep, already got em in the fridge getting cold.

Great, I'll be there after a nice motorcycle ride.

Cool...you can crash here if you don't want to ride home with a buzz.

Thanks dude. You're the man.

No you're da man.

I'll bring some Dorito's.....

Cool Ranch if you got 'em....

No prob....

see ya then...

later my man...

sirmyk said:
I guess it's time for us to go. It's been a real hoot.

I don't see why this would be cause for you to leave. You've been posting up to this point with one account.

I've spent a fair amount of time on forums for people with mental illness and it would seem that many of them also deny multiple accounts for a single persons different alters. What I'm accustomed to seeing is alters clarifying that they are one posting or chatting. I've always found this to be the most reasonable and practical approach.

sirmyk said:
Should those with multiple personalities be able to have multiple forum user accounts?

No, they should have cells and full time carers.

Also, those using multiple accounts as promotional tools shouldn't be allowed either. ;)

You are not the only ones with several accounts, though not everyone has picked such obviously similar names as you. :)

Anyone who is found to have multiple accounts will have the duplicates deleted and a warning will be issued.

Renee said:
What I'm accustomed to seeing is alters clarifying that they are one posting or chatting. I've always found this to be the most reasonable and practical approach.

What if you don't want to tell your "other" personality the password to your forum account? They might use dirty words, call people mean names, talk about religion, etc etc.

mehastings said:
What if you don't want to tell your "other" personality the password to your forum account? They might use dirty words, call people mean names, talk about religion, etc etc.

Can an alter know where you spend your time on the net without also knowing who you are and what your passwords are? If not, then why allow an uncivil alter access to your PC at all?

There, it's done. I took not_sirmyk out back to show him my extensive vegetable garden. He was surprised at the amount of pea pods I had growing along the property/fence line, the variety of tomato plants, and various squash plants that reached for the sky. What really took him for a spin (distracting him from my beautiful garden) was the giant hole in my backyard, which was about ten feet in diameter, six feet deep, and filled with ash from a fire I had burned there weeks ago. Around this hole were placed green peas every few inches or so. This brought curiosity out of the young fellow like premature ejaculate. He circled round the giant pit, eyeing the little green buggers. "Take one!" I said to my pseudo-self. And, as he leaned over to take a pea... I kicked him in the ashhole. :eek:

How do we know this is really you, and that Not_SirMyk hasn't kicked you in the ash hole and assumed your identity?

Back