• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

music fans need to check this out - pandora

curiouswonder

A friend put me on to this FREE (subscription required) music "service" called pandora. It is a product of the "music genome project" were they will take a band or artist or song that you like and find other music that has some of the same elements to it. Usually from bands or artists you've never heard of. I've been playing around with it this weekend and I'm amazed at how well they match up newer or more obscure artists with the ones I have listed. The down side is the number of new CDs I feel like I "need" now. Sigh.
www.pandora.com
PS - I have nothing to do with the site. This feels a bit like a commercial so I thought I would fire out that disclaimer.

This is sooooo cool! I'm obsessed with music - how did I not already know about this?

Good work, curiouswonder, good work. ;)

Bro, bro, what the hell's wrong with you? Your eyes bro, they're red, dude, bro, what the ****?

It's *sniff* nutin maaaaan, it's good maaaan, just...just listen man.

Dude, this isn't healthy!

It knows me, man...it gives me the *sniff* good shit man, gives me all I want...yeah

Dude, this is an addiction, you're sick! You need help, man!

Naw, maaaaan, I can *sniff* *twitch* quit anytime I want man...but like, yeah man, just listen man...my Pandora knows me, maaaaan.

If you can quit then quit now!

Well?

...Naw, man

**** this, I'm leaving. You're pathetic, man, you're not who you used to be.

...You won't leave me will you Pandora? *sniff* You'll never leave me baby, you're all I need...yeeeeeeeeeeeeah.

*sniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiff*

I thought the site's appeal got old pretty quickly. I haven't used Pandora in many, many moths. Same thing with last.fm . . .

I thought the site's appeal got old pretty quickly. I haven't used Pandora in many, many moths. Same thing with last.fm . . .

This is true. I started listening last year then forgot all about it 'til now. But picking it up again, I realize that I still love it.
On Facebook.com, there's an application so that you can add Pandora to your profile. That's the one reason as to why I started up again.

Back