• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Music you Enjoy!

bobbyburns said:
the concert started around 10:30pm on august 2nd and ended at 12:30am august 3rd.

Happy belated birthday!

Wow, that wasn't long ago at all :( Oh well, I was probably working and earning money to pay my tuition. Which is much more important than a concert. :( Isn't it?

most of the songs they played were off dirty and the new album, sonic nurse. I prefer daydream nation/sister-era sonic youth, the guitars sound better. but I won't bitch because seeing them in concert was a deeply religious experience for me.

I Really don't care for fashion and trends, and what's hip. I hate chart music. Lyrics tend to be equally as important to me as the melody.

Steely Dan
Nirvanna
Doobie Brothers
Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
Steve Miller Band
Boston
Garbage
Blur
Elton John
Fleetwood Mac
Jamiriquai
Deep Purple
Steppen Wolf

just watched the concert of Phil Collins--live in paris. like him.

and GUn & rose (watched their video the other day).

Enya, my favorite singer always all the time.

Maria Collas.

I'm afraid my tastes reflect my drug-addled 70s upbringing:

Neil Young
Ramones
Hot Tuna
the Dead

and a lost decade called the 80s

Yaz
Trio
Talking Heads

and something called listening

Bill Evans
Charlie Parker
Tommy Flanagan
Duke Ellington
Roy Eldridge
James Carter
Dizzy Gillespie

Doc Watson
Bill Monroe
Jerry Douglas
Bela Fleck

Lucinda Williams
REM
Sonic Youth
Beck

and my son who plays a most excellent classical trumpet. :)

Ain't these lists always inadequate?

Novella

bobbyburns said:
the majestic theater, detroit, 2004. sonic youth's guitar player brushed my arm.

i snuck in a camera at a concert in 1997 and got some good pics. i love thurston moore!!!

bobbyb,

Yeah, I have that, the one with all the outtakes from live gigs, some really vivid magic there, soaring through the big band mush while all the dudes push their wives around the floor. Sounds like smoke. I used to listen to a live radio show where the host would play EVERYTHING Parker. Gets you hooked into the rougher tracks hearing those 3 am sessions in the middle of a bright morning.

Novella

Thea said:
... Placebo ... The Smiths ... Aphex Twin ...Pink Floyd ... Bjork ...
Placebo is great. The rest I've heard quite a bit of and enjoyed. Also, Massive Attack, Portishead, Goldfrapp's Felt Mountain (Black Cherry sucks), R.E.M., Radiohead, Matthew Sweet, ...

I also like Yes, though I have nearly everything they've put out and am a tad burned out on them at the moment.

As far as classical is concerned, I like Bach and others from the Baroque era. Opera is ok, though I'd rather go see it than sit and listen to it.

I don't care for country or hip-hop.

There's something deeply satisfying in reading peoples posts and thinking 'Seen them... seen them.... seen them...' :p

Back