• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Music you Enjoy!

I've just been introduced to a band called Rasputina. 3 gals on cellos. Quite eerie at times, but great. I recommend the song Gingerbread Coffin. :D

Plus I'm in an oldies mood at the moment. Listening to Twisted Sister's We're Not Gonna Take It. WOOoooOOOO :D

Tom Waits, Pixies, The Flaming Lips, Placebo, Aimee Mann, Kristin Hersh, Leonard Cohen, Jeff Buckley, Rufus Wainwright, David Bowie, The Smiths, Aphex Twin, Morrissey, The Beatles, Belle and Sebastian, Le Tigre, Doug Martsch, The Eels, Bob Dylan, The Magnetic Fields, The Delgados, The Velvet Underground, Death Cab For Cutie, The Clash, Pink Floyd, Azure Ray, The Raveonettes, Japan, Cibo Matto, Hot Hot Heat, Mogwai, Orange Juice, The Strokes, The Unicorns, Bjork, Be Good Tanyas, Thea Gilmore, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Joni Mitchell, Manu Chao, Breeders, Nitin Sawhney, The Jesus and Mary Chain, The Only Ones, and so on and so on...

hardcore punk ie minor threat
hard metal ie soad
bjork
grunge
tom waits

mainly hardcore punk but impossible to read listening to! :cool:

Tom Waits, Pixies, The Flaming Lips, Placebo, Aimee Mann, Kristin Hersh, Leonard Cohen, Jeff Buckley, Rufus Wainwright, David Bowie, The Smiths, Aphex Twin, Morrissey, The Beatles, Belle and Sebastian, Le Tigre, Doug Martsch, The Eels, Bob Dylan, The Magnetic Fields, The Delgados, The Velvet Underground, Death Cab For Cutie, The Clash, Pink Floyd, Azure Ray, The Raveonettes, Japan, Cibo Matto, Hot Hot Heat, Mogwai, Orange Juice, The Strokes, The Unicorns, Björk, Be Good Tanyas, Thea Gilmore, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Joni Mitchell, Manu Chao, Breeders, Nitin Sawhney, The Jesus and Mary Chain, The Only Ones, and so on and so on

The ones in bold are those I like or have liked. Those in italics are those I have not heard of. The one in red has got me singing Know your chicken! after all these years. :D

Manu Chao's from Mano Negra, and ooh, ooh, I know a song by Azure Ray! And there I was thinking I didn't know what's up in music land!

i love salsa cuban latin, or classical, songs from cole porter, i like light house staind and bands like them. some rap some pop.

Calexico, Howie Gelb, Rainer Ptacek, Tom Waits, Cramps, Pixies, Belle and Sebastian, Bob Dylan, Grandaddy, Lambchop, Bobby Conn, Gillian Welsh, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Cardiacs, Hammell on Trial, sigur ros, Johnny Cash, Violent Femmes, White Stripes, Deus, Giant Sand, Flaming Lips, Grant Lee Buffalo, Residents .... ho hum, I can't narrow it down

Calexico, Howie Gelb, Rainer Ptacek, Tom Waits, Cramps, Pixies, Belle and Sebastian, Bob Dylan, Grandaddy, Lambchop, Bobby Conn, Gillian Welsh, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Cardiacs, Hammell on Trial, sigur ros, Johnny Cash, Violent Femmes, White Stripes, Deus, Giant Sand, Flaming Lips, Grant Lee Buffalo, Residents .... ho hum, I can't narrow it down

Ones in italics I've not heard of;
Those in bold I enjoy
Those untouched I've heard of
The one in red, made me remember that shoddy - 70s looking video - from a few years ago. (Never gonna get ahead!)

My absolute favourites are David Bowie and Garou. ;)

and in no particular order:
-Renaissance (the band, not the era)
-Celine Dion
-Jarabe de Palo
-Morrissey
-NIN
-Machine Head
-Queen
-movie soundtracks - especially the Lord of the Rings soundtracks
-broadway musicals - Wicked, Nunsense, My Fair Lady, Brigadoon
-Elton John
-Billy Joel

hmmm.... a little bit of everything I guess!

novella said:
Carnegie Hall, 1977. Billy Joel sang me Happy Birthday. It curled my hair. :)

Now that's something you'd never forget! What a way to celebrate your birthday! :D

bobbyburns said:
the majestic theater, detroit, 2004. sonic youth's guitar player brushed my arm.

When was that concert? I didn't hear anything about it! I could've seen it if I'd heard about it. :( I missed a Finger Eleven concert about a month or two ago because I had to work. Very sad. But I did get to see the Tea Party. Very happy!

Back