• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

music

bebe

kickbox
i'm just really bored so i'm going to start a thread about anything....it would be music in this case. i'm into the beatles, elvis (no, i'm not kidding) and any song i hear on the radio that doesn't sound like crap to my ears. :rolleyes: (wait...are we allowed to say that? hopefully we are... ;) ) so what music do you guys like? -B

I like REM, Counting Crows, Crowded House and stuff like that for general background stuff (I've got Nickelback playing as I type this).

Depends what mood I'm in really. I've got a wide range amongst my CDs - from Mozart to Eminem.

Originally posted by Darren Lewis
I like REM, Counting Crows, Crowded House and stuff like that for general background stuff (I've got Nickelback playing as I type this).

heyyyy! muh kinda music!

"and this is how, you remind me
this is how you remind me of what i really am"
a Canadian band, eh:D
from Vancouver, BC

another one you might like is Default (Canadian band as well).. song = "Wasting My Time"... i only know that song so don't buy the CD or anything lol

newho... for my type of music, i also play a lot according to my mood
but i'm mostly classic rock, 80's retro, LOVE that's dance music!!! ((_l_) (_l_)) lol
the only music i don't listen to is Country!!!!! bluck!

Originally posted by bebe
wow! people replied! -B

this forum isn't dead....*dun dun dun*
and may i add, without any offense to you....

i keep reading you mentioning how dead it is here lol

this is a fairly new forum... they don't "happen" over night ya know:p

but good people, such as yourself, make it work! so keep up the good work!!;) :D

Well said TownBear :) We'll be at 1000 posts soon! (and hopefully reach the 100 member mark JMD has talked about).

I'll keep an eye out for that song, thanks.

Any metal bands in particular, lies?

And yes bebe, it's OK to say "crap" on here - just not the stronger stuff like @#8@, @*#* :)

No, no bands in particular. I listen to all kinds of stuff, depending on what mood I'm in I guess (right now I'm listening to Iced Earth, but who knows what'll be next?). I tend to stick to the "softer" stuff, though the word "softer" is always open to interpretation.

well since we're talking about particular songs (kind of) my favourite beatles songs are nowhere man, let it be, yesterday, hey jude, sexy sadie and we can work it out. *yeah, i know...it's only a couple :rolleyes: * i think all the elvis hits are great....the songs are so likable and easy on the ears ;) -B

hey, *let it be* is my fave beatles tune , too! to tell the truth, i like old stuff like the beatles and the Rolling Stones way more than the crap thats popular with them youngin's today. I can't stand boybands or bubblegum pop stuff. euug. its enough to give me a seizure....and not the good kind ;)

road to perdition soundtrack

...is a very, very good one. got lotsa original scores from the movie and the music has a sort of haunting sound to them. check it out here..;) -B

...enjoy.

no way

it has like the music played in the mvie plus lotsa great orchestral type (but not like classical) music...-B

Beyond history

With the demise of bebe and spaz, this thread (this whole area of the Forum, actually) has been a bit of a No-Fly Zone. Still, this was a decent General thread, and there's no reason to let it slide just because of past unpleasantnesses.

I've been listening to an album called Behind The Music by a band called The Soundtrack Of Our Lives. It's barely left my CD deck, actually, since last week. Very good straight rock n' roll stuff, that avoids the usual pitfalls of the genre. Touches of The Stooges, The Moody Blues, and even prog-rockers like The Alan Parsons Project, tempered with riffs calling to mind The Rolling Stones and Aerosmith (when they were good).

I'm not usually into that kind of mainstream stuff - ha, these days Indie is the mainstream, I suppose - in total defiance of its origins. Counting Crows blew me away with their debut album, and the follow-up had some corkers, too, but these days they're just singing about American girls and how cool it is to rip off everyone who's ever sung about them. Care to glove-up, Darren?

Tobytook

Well, I bought August and Everything After for the third song on that album. I heard it repeated over and over when I was on holiday and it has special memories for me. I liked some of the other stuff on that album, but have only heard their latest song once (something like "American Girl" isn't it?). Wasn't impressed.

A Murder of Crows

Hey, Darren.

Haven't got the track listings to hand, but I was most impressed with songs like Anna Begins, Rain King and A Murder of Crows from that LP. The second one has got some blisteringly rocky tracks, which work better than the ballads, like Angels of the Silences, Monkey and (especially) Have You Seen Me Lately. Although the slowish Another Horsedreamer's Blues is pretty damn good.

As for "everything after", as it were, I wouldn't even give you a Michael Bolton for any of it!

Tobytook

Modern Bands like Drowning pool, Godsmack to old Favorites like the Doors, Art Garfunkel and in between Groups like Aerosmith. Instrumental Video game and Movie tracks and Classical also.:)

Favorite bands include U2 and REM, also like Lenny Kravitz but my alltime favorite has to be Prince.

Since Prince has left Warner Brothers he has gone indie and is still releasing classic music such as his latest album The Rainbow Children, you can checkout his web-site here .

Follow the munchkin!

Although that is a profoundly dodgy title, like something more suited to Julie Garland's finest hour, The Rainbow Children is more evidence of Prince's seemingly boundless creativity.

He's recorded his best stuff, certainly, and he'll never reach the heights he achieved with classic albums Sign O The Times or Purple Rain or even Lovesexy. But the occasional gem does sparkle among his generally good modern material.

Tobytook

Back