• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

music

I like everything but 99% of rap and really hard metal and rock. Lately have been on a Tori Amos kick, but her albums just can't compete energy-wise with her live shows. Also Suzanne Vega.

Currently, am trainiing Yahoo Launch to play songs that I like. With napster charging $1 a song and $10 an album, compared to $14 and up for CD's, I may never buy a traditional CD again.

Favorite Type of Music:
Spanish Rock-Mana
Rap-2pac
Merengue-La banda gorda
Bachata-Alexandra y Monchi
Salsa-Celia Cruz
Reggae-_______
Cumbia-_______

I'm a huge fan of Coldplay, and recently I've discovered the coldplay-esque (but lesser known) British band Starsailor, which is phenomenally good!!

Cheers, Martin :D

If you are into Coldplay (i love them by the way), then surely you must also listen to Radiohead, no?

Personally im into Oasis (the old stuff), Travis, Steriophonics, Ben Folds Five (who ROCK :)) & numerous other stuff, my interests stretch quite far, from rock/pop to r&b, etc, i'll listen to most stuff i guess (even the heavy rap that my fiancee likes :eek: )

Phil

Coldplay
Stereophonics
Nickelback
Avril Lavigne
White Stripes

(Loathe dance music. Dire/non-existant lyrics. Sounds like the same high-pitched female singer on every album. Ugh!)

Third Man Girl

Oh yes! Starsailor and Coldplay aren't the only bands I listen to, they're just my current favourites.

I also love:
The Stereophonics
The White Stripes
Jet
The Rolling Stones
Evanescence
Radiohead (their older stuff)
The Red Hot Chili Peppers
And the list goes on and on...

Cheers, Martin

right now my playlist contains: rem, matallica, korn, tsunami bomb, motorhead, dido, the monkees, the theme tunes from outlaw star and love hina, goldfinger, greenday, and the barenaked ladies. quite a mix there

Hmmmmm, currently listening to a combination of -
Dashboard Confessional, Jimmy Eat World, Mercury Rev, Flaming Lips, Tori Amos, Joni Mitchell.

the theme tunes from outlaw star and love hina
Tsuki no li is just lovely,...
My playlists are usually made of..
David Arkenstone
Hikaru Utada
Megumi Hayashibara
SMAP
oldies
movie soundtracks

Originally posted by TheDon
Iron Maiden
Metallica
Audioslave
Faith no more
Feeder
Radiohead
Coldplay
AC/DC
Alakine Trio
Rancid

weeeeeee!!!! :D

Originally posted by Martin
I'm a huge fan of Coldplay, and recently I've discovered the coldplay-esque (but lesser known) British band Starsailor, which is phenomenally good!!

yay! :D

Originally posted by third man girl
Coldplay
Stereophonics
Nickelback
Avril Lavigne
White Stripes <-- they're ok.

another yay :p

Of the newer bands out I like Audioslave, Nickelback & Creed but I'm from the 70's era and no one bangs a better head than Ted Nuggent & I'm soooo happy that Bob Seger will be inducted into the Rock & Roll H.O.F. And on the other end of the spectrum, I love Eva Cassidy's voice. There's no substitute for talent.

Originally posted by RaVeN
Of the newer bands out I like Audioslave, Nickelback & Creed but I'm from the 70's era and no one bangs a better head than Ted Nuggent & I'm soooo happy that Bob Seger will be inducted into the Rock & Roll H.O.F. And on the other end of the spectrum, I love Eva Cassidy's voice. There's no substitute for talent.

I love the 70's era too, Still have a Huge crush on Lindsey buckingham :p
Why dont ya come with me little girl on a magic carpet ride lol.. classic

Norah Jones :) Hasnt she just got the best voice!! I like Dido too, for the record ('borrowed' my friends copy of her album and then forgot to give it back for over a year - accidentally of course ;) )

Phil

Originally posted by phil_t
Norah Jones :) Hasnt she just got the best voice!! I like Dido too, for the record ('borrowed' my friends copy of her album and then forgot to give it back for over a year - accidentally of course ;) )

Phil

Of Course :) I'm going to have to buy her live DVD now!

Back